The Leading Spinal Back Pain Treatment Center According To Pain Doctors
Spinal back pain can be debilitating. It is a condition that affects millions of Americans every year and is one of the leading causes of sick leave at work. If left untreated, spinal back pain can become progressively worse and lead to further health complications. It’s also important to understand why you have back pain and where you can find the best back pain treatment options.
Currently, many orthopedic surgeons only offer surgery as the best back pain treatment option. However, surgical intervention may not always be necessary. Surgery carries many potential risks, including:
- Blood clots
- Allergic reactions/ problems with anesthesia
- Wound site infections and other general infections
- Lengthy recovery periods
- Long-term use of opioids, narcotics and NSAIDs
- Nerve damage
If you are looking for the best spinal back pain treatment center, then it is important to consider pain management specialists (also known as pain doctors) who offer minimally invasive procedures and have extensive experience in diagnosing and assessing a range of pain issues.
The best spinal back pain treatment center is therefore the VIP Medical Group which has locations based in New Jersey and New York. The VIP Medical Group offers the latest advances in regenerative medicine to provide the best minimally invasive procedures for chronic back pain and acute back pain. Our Board Certified, Ivy League doctors are expert in diagnosing and treating pain without engaging in risky surgery and long-term pain medication.
Let’s take a look at why the VIP Medical Group provides the best spinal back pain treatment centers in the United States.
The Latest Minimally Invasive Back Pain Treatments
The VIP Medical Group has pain centers located in both New Jersey and New York. These pain treatment centers provide advanced pain relief using the latest techniques in regenerative medicine. It is the goal of pain doctors to maximize health through minimally invasive techniques by combining the best advances in pain medicine with a holistic approach to healthcare. Engaging in risky surgery and taking long-term narcotics have negative health consequences, and health officials and beginning to highlight the long-term impact of taking narcotics, opioids and NSAIDs. Let’s take a look at some of the latest spinal back pain treatments:
- Epidural Steroid Injections – this is a popular treatment choice because it is fast, effective and targets pain directly. A pain doctor injects a mix of a corticosteroid (anti-inflammatory drug) with a local anesthetic into the area of pain. This reduces inflammation and provides immediate pain relief.
- Lumbar Facet Injection – this is usually the second port of call for a pain doctor. A pain doctor injects a local anesthetic and a corticosteroid mixture (just like the epidural injections) into one or more areas along the spine. This provides immediate pain relief along multiple areas of the spine.
- Lumbar Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) – this is a popular steroid-free minimally invasive treatment option for chronic back pain. It works by using alternating current technology to apply heat to the area of pain. This is usually recommended for patients who have already engaged in other procedures, such as facet joint injections.
Board Certified, Ivy League Pain Doctors
The VIP Medical Group has leading experts in the field of pain medicine. All of the pain doctors are Ivy League graduates and are Board Certified. This means that they have passed rigorous medical examinations and are of a high academic and medical calibre. In addition, many of the pain doctors engage in teaching and research which demonstrates their commitment to keeping up-to-date with the latest medical advancements and procedures. The VIP Medical Group welcomes patients and athletes from around the world who demonstrate successful patient outcomes.
Importantly, the pain doctors at the VIP Medical Group look beyond the problem area – they value the importance of establishing healthy doctor-patient relationships. As well as being leaders in the field of pain medicine, they are extremely friendly and understand why you might have a health concern. They are on-hand to provide the best medical advice and ease any worries and answer any questions.
State-Of-The-Art Treatment Centers
The VIP Medical Group has locations in both New Jersey and New York. The pain treatment centers are Centers of Excellence and welcome international patients and athletes. The state-of-the-art design houses the best minimally invasive procedures and Ivy League pain doctors to provide you with an exceptional patient journey.
Why Do I Have Back Pain?
If you’re struggling with spinal back pain, it is important to consider seeking medical advice from a Board Certified pain doctor. It’s vital you understand why you’re in pain and what’s causing the pain. If left untreated, the pain may get worse and lead to further health problems. Let’s take a look at some of the underlying causes of back pain:
- Facet Joint Pain Syndrome/ Dysfunction – this is when a change in your weight distribution can cause your weight to move unevenly onto facet joints. This means your cartilage may wear and tear over time, causing tiny bone spurs or friction to occur.
- Lumbar Herniated Disc – this is a common condition and usually occurs in the lower back and neck regions. If you have a herniated disc, it means that the jelly-like inner layer of the disc has leaked into the tough, outer layer of the disc. This aggravates surrounding nerves and causes pain and discomfort.
- Spinal Osteoarthritis – as you get older, your cartilage can wear down over time. This means that your bones rub against one another and create friction. Bony spurs, inflammation and pain can result from this friction.
- Spondylothesis – this is when one of the 33 bones of your spinal column slips out of place.
Due to the numerous medical conditions that can cause back pain, it is important to consider seeking medical advice from a Board Certified pain doctor. Your pain doctor will take a medical history and perform a physical examination to gain insight into the problem area. They may order blood tests and scans to gain an overall picture of your back pain. Once they have assessed you and established a diagnosis, they will then recommend the best minimally invasive procedure to get you back to full health and avoid risky surgery. They may also provide information regarding the best physical therapist to assist you in conjunction with your treatment choice.
At the VIP Medical Group, we are on-hand to answer any concerns you may have. Our highly experienced pain management specialists are incredibly helpful and will work with you in a way that maximizes your health and avoids unnecessary surgeries and narcotics.