Who Is The Best Pain Doctor Manhattan 2020? Advice From A Pain Doctor
Pain doctors (also known as pain management specialists) are experts in diagnosing and treating an array of pain complaints. Pain doctors are experienced in using the latest techniques to treat shoulder, back, spine, hip, knee, and neck pain. They are passionate about combining a holistic approach with the latest techniques in regenerative medicine when working with you to provide you with a pain-free life. Using minimally invasive techniques to maximize health outcomes are at the heart of pain doctors.
Nowadays, many orthopedic surgeons rely on risky and unnecessary surgeries and long-term pain medicine to treat pain. However, patients find that recovery times are lengthy, risks are high, and post-operative pain is intense. Health research is shedding light on the negative consequences of using NSAIDs, narcotics, and opioids. Addiction rates and pain medicine side-effects have a detrimental effect on a patient’s quality of life.
The best pain doctor in manhattan 2020 will provide the latest minimally invasive techniques to alleviate your pain. They will also establish a comprehensive treatment plan that incorporates R.I.C.E (rest, ice, compression, elevation) in conjunction with a minimally invasive procedure and can even recommend the best physical therapist to help you.
Before committing to surgery, consider visiting one of our board-certified pain doctors. At the VIP Medical Group, our Ivy League pain doctors will provide you with the latest treatment options that minimize risk and maximize positive health outcomes. Let’s take a look at some of the best Ivy League pain doctors in New York City.
Dr. George Hanna
Dr Hanna is a pain specialist in New York with double board certification. He is an expert in Pain Management and Anesthesiology and received his training from Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr Hanna also worked as the Medical Director of Pain Management at Martha’s Vineyard Hospital. In addition to these achievements, he was appointed Chairman of Anesthesiology and Pain Management at Chilton Medical Center. As a native of New York City, Dr Hanna is very compassionate towards his patients and is particularly interested in using advanced techniques to treat both acute and chronic pain.
Dr. Shane Volney
Dr Volney is a double board certified pain doctor. He is an expert in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine and worked as Chief Resident whilst training at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. After this, he worked as a Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School where he instructed on the subjects of Anesthesiology, Pain Medicine and Palliative Care. Dr Volney is particularly interested in improving the quality of life of his patients.
Conservative Treatment Options
Now that we have looked at the best New York pain doctors, let’s discuss the latest conservative treatments on offer at the VIP Medical Group. All of the minimally invasive treatments are carried out by board-certified, Ivy League pain doctors in our state of the art facilities.
- Viscosupplementation – this is when a pain doctor injects a lubricating fluid directly into the shoulder joint. This ensures that cartilage that covers the joints is kept supple and facilitates the gliding motion of the joints. Friction and subsequent inflammation are reduced.
- Steroid Injections – this is a popular treatment choice due to the quick application and immediate pain relief. This is when a pain doctor injects a steroid medicine into the pain joint to reduce inflammation and increase comfort.
- Epidural Steroid Injections – these injections are usually the first port of call for patients. Pain doctors use steroid injections to provide immediate pain relief by injecting a corticosteroid (anti-inflammatory drug) directly into the epidural space in the spine. Epidural steroid injections can last for long periods of time.
- Lumbar Facet Injection – these injections are used along multiple sites of the spine to provide pain relief in many areas at once. Just like the epidural steroid injections, lumbar facet injections contain a corticosteroid drug.
- Lumbar Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) – alternating current technology is used to apply heat to areas of pain. This is a treatment that is steroid-free and is effective in treating chronic back pain.
- Genicular Nerve Block – this treatment is effective in numbing pain signals. A pain doctor injects local anesthetic directly into the knee to prevent the transmission of pain signals.
- Genicular Nerve Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) – this is when a pain doctor uses heated needles and places them at different points around the knee joint to prevent the knee from transmitting pain signals. A local anesthetic can also be used to ensure you are comfortable throughout the procedure.
Before committing to surgery and long-term pain medicine, consider seeking medical advice from one of our Ivy League, board certified pain doctors. As we have already seen, surgery is not an option that should be taken lightly due to its invasive nature and health risks. At the VIP Medical Group, we believe in maximizing health through minimally invasive procedures. If you have any concerns or worries about your pain, you can discuss them in-depth with one of our experienced pain doctors.
What Happens When I Visit A Pain Doctor?
If you are worried about your pain and need help, then consider visiting a pain doctor. It is important to understand why you are in pain and the best options for you and your lifestyle. Pain symptoms can sometimes be a clue to underlying health problems such as osteoarthritis or herniated discs. That’s why we take time to assess and diagnose your current medical state.
When visiting the VIP Medical Group, you will be greeted by a friendly and helpful member of our experienced team. Your pain doctor will spend time with you to take a verbal medical history and examine your pain complaint. They may take blood and order scans (like X-Rays and ultrasounds) to gain an overall picture of your problem and rule out other underlying health conditions. Once a diagnosis has been established, they will then prescribe R.I.C.E (rest, ice, compression, elevation) and the best minimally invasive procedure for you. They can also recommend the best physical therapist to work with you alongside your treatment.
Patients find that their recovery times are faster, risks are lower and that their overall quality of life improves as a result of being treated at the VIP Medical Group. Our state of the art facilities are Centers of Excellence and welcome patients and athletes from around the world. If you have concerns about your pain or want to discuss treatment options, consider booking an appointment with the VIP Medical Group.