What is the Best Advanced Varicose Vein Treatment?
Are you suffering from bulging varicose veins on the surface of your skin? Are those deep twisted knots of blood vessels popping out of your skin? Do your advanced varicose veins hurt and feel uncomfortable? If so, you must be wondering what is the best advanced varicose vein treatment available. Before you learn about varicose vein treatments, it may be helpful to give you a brief intro to what varicose veins are and what causes varicose veins.
Varicose veins are a large protruding mass of twisted rope-like veins on the surface of your skin. They are always caused by an underlying vein disease called chronic venous insufficiency — a disorder in which the diseased vein valves malfunction. These valves are usually responsible for smooth blood flow from the legs to the heart. But when they malfunction, blood flows back down due to gravity and pools around the legs, applying pressure on the vein walls and leading to their dilation. Over time, as more blood accumulates, the veins start expanding and become varicose veins. If left untreated, varicose veins can lead to immense bleeding, skin infections, discoloration, and even deep vein thrombosis (which is potentially fatal).
In order to treat varicose veins, you need to treat the underlying vein disease. The most advanced varicose vein treatment procedures are radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and venaseal. In this article, we’ll learn all about what is the best advanced varicose vein treatment.
Radiofrequency ablation is a minimally invasive varicose vein treatment during which the doctor inserts a catheter into the diseased saphenous vein via a small incision under ultrasound guidance. Once the catheter is in place, the vein doctor activates it to generate thermal energy (heat). The heat energy generates an inflammatory reaction and destroys the diseased vein. The accumulated blood in the vein reroutes to healthier veins and the collapsed vein eventually hardens and gets reabsorbed into the body.
Endovenous Laser Ablation
Endovenous laser ablation is a minimally invasive procedure that involves the use of laser energy and tumescent anesthesia, which makes it slightly more painful than radiofrequency ablation. During the treatment, the doctor applies anesthesia all along the length of the diseased vein. Following that, the vein doctor inserts a catheter needle into the affected saphenous vein and activates it. This triggers the laser energy and destroys the vein, thereby restoring smooth blood circulation. Over time, the collapsed vein hardens and reabsorbs into the body.
VenaSeal is one of the simplest and most advanced varicose vein treatment procedures available. It is basically a medical adhesive that fuses the walls of the vein together, shutting them down. The accumulated blood reroutes to healthier veins and the damaged vein gets reabsorbed into the body.
Sclerotherapy is an extremely simple procedure, but it can’t be used in isolation for the treatment of varicose veins. This treatment is used in combination with one of the aforementioned procedures to remove the surface spider veins and varicose veins. It can’t treat the underlying root cause, only the symptoms. During this procedure, a medicine called sclerosant is injected into the surface veins. This medicine fuses the vein walls together and closes them down. Over time, they gradually disappear.
Advantages of Advanced Varicose Vein Treatments
Long ago, surgery was the only way to treat varicose veins, despite the fact that surgeries have a low success rate and a high risk of complications like deep vein thrombosis and infections. However, thanks to advancement of vein care, we now have a number of effective minimally-invasive treatments for varicose veins.
The following are some of the key advantages of advanced varicose vein treatments:
- High Success Rate: They have a high success rate of 97% as opposed to only 85% for traditional surgeries.
- Highly Effective: Advanced varicose vein treatments are extremely effective and you can generally see results immediately.
- Minimally Invasive: These treatments are minimally invasive and non-surgical in nature. The vein doctor only makes a small incision on your skin and the procedure only includes a few injections.
- Completely Safe: There is an incredibly small risk of side effects. You may experience some slight soreness or bruising. But these are temporary.
- Outpatient Treatments: Advanced varicose vein treatments can be conducted on an outpatient basis. The procedure is conducted in-office and takes less than an hour. Following the procedure, there’s no recovery downtime so you can resume your daily activities without interruption.
- Treat Vein Disease: Finally, treatments like radiofrequency ablation, laser ablation, and venaseal cure the underlying vein disease and not just the surface symptoms of spider veins and varicose veins. As such, these are permanent treatments and your varicose veins won’t return later.
Best Medical Clinic for Varicose Vein Treatment
At VIP Medical Group, our expert vein doctors have immense skill, knowledge, and experience with varicose vein treatments. They specialize in the most advanced varicose vein treatment procedures and they also diagnose/treat the underlying issue so that your varicose veins don’t return. Furthermore, they carefully examine your condition, listen to your concerns, and study your medical history in order to set up a treatment plan with the highest chance of success and least risk of side effects. For further information about advanced varicose vein treatment, please schedule an appointment.