Pick A Vein Treatment Centre in NYC That Offers The Top New York Vein Doctor For EVLA
Varicose veins are usually swollen, twisted and visible. They can be painful when blood has pooled in them. Varicose veins occur when their return pump valve breaks down and allows the blood to flow backward and pool. Due to the blood pool, veins dilate and stop serving the body’s circulatory systems the way they are designed to do. If you have large, bulging leg veins, go to a renowned vein treatment center in NYC immediately. Varicose veins are not a curse for some men and women only.
Any person can develop the venous disease that causes them. This is, particularly, true if one gets pregnant, becomes obese, gets a strenuous job and happens to have a gene that causes varicosities. Having people in your bloodline that suffer from varicosities doesn’t necessarily mean that you will have the condition as well. It just increases your risk. But, if you have this condition right now or some spider veins, the right thing to do is to seek the right laser treatment for varicose vein.
How does the venous disease develop?
The disease develops in stages, meaning that it can be treated the earliest possible. If you know its stages, you can seek help at a vein treatment center in NYC as soon as you notice the first stage. Here they are:
- The venous disease has started affecting your legs but you cannot tell because there are no symptoms.
- Telangiectasia(spider veins or sunburst veins) or reticular veins. Spider veins are thin veins that look just like capillaries and have a red, purple or blue appearance. Reticular veins have a color that is a bit more pronounced and are best diagnosed before you get your laser treatment for varicose vein.
- Varicose veins develop. These will be larger, swollen and sort of knotted or twisted like a rope.
- Edema. If you still ignore your symptoms so far, your legs will develop edema. It means they will be swollen.
- Skin discoloration. Untreated skin disease is known to cause eczema and pigmentation.
- Skin changes as a result of venous disorders. You will likely have atrophie blanche and/or lipodermatosclerosis.
- Skin changes due to venous disorders. However, the patient will have dry or cured venous ulcers
- Active ulcers. Skin will get active ulcers that will be so painful. This is an indication that your venous disease or venous insufficiency has advanced and become chronic. Treatment at your favorite vein treatment centre in NYC will be harder yet possible.
When to see a New York vein doctor
If you notice that you have signs of venous disease, the right thing to do is to get to a doctor who offers the laser treatment for varicose vein and other options. Depending on how chronic your venous insufficiency disease is, your doctor might use laser therapy alone or with other treatment options. So, visit a vein treatment centre in NYC and hold your first appointment with your vein specialist.
A New York vein doctor might recommend an Endovenous Laser Ablation Therapy
Endovenous laser ablation therapy (EVLA) is a modern technique of treating varicose veins. It is an alternative to surgery and a method that has assisted numerous people. Rather than tying and removing an abnormal vein, the provider of this laser treatment for varicose vein uses laser energy. It’s usually the heat that completely destroys the abnormal and sick veins completely. While some people can undergo a simple laser treatment for varicose vein, others will only be cured through EVLA. A simple laser treatment is usually performed to treat tiny spider veins and varicose veins. It becomes more important after a larger varicose vein has been cured via surgery, EVLA or RFA or sclerotherapy.
Each time the best vein treatment center in NYC encounters a patient with large, bulging varicose veins, it recommends an endovenous laser ablation therapy prior to surgery.
Who does EVLA fit the most?
EVLA laser treatment for varicose vein is indicated for people with clinically documented primary venous disease (also venous reflux or venous insufficiency) of the small saphenous veins or great saphenous veins. As long as a doctor at your vein treatment centre in NYC verifies this condition via the duplex ultrasound method, a patient can be treated via EVLA. But, there are people who should avoid it due to contraindications.
- Pregnant women
- Those with occlusive DVT (deep vein thrombosis).
- Patients who cannot ambulate
- Patients with existing hypercoagulability
- Patients with occlusive arterial disease
- People with tortuous veins
What is the procedure all about?
The first thing that a specialist at your best vein treatment center in NYC will do is an ultrasound scan. Then the veins that should be treated will be marked with a pen and then the patient will be asked to lie on a doctor’s sofa on their back or front. It will depend on the veins that are being treated. The leg being treated will be cleaned and draped. As the laser treatment for varicose vein will be done inside your vein, your doctor will inject a small amount of local anesthetic into the skin on top of the affected vein. A needle will be used to inject the vein and then a wire will be passed through it. Then the needle will be taken out and a thin plastic tubing (catheter) will be passed over the wire and up the sick vein.
The wire will then be removed and a laser fiber will be passed via the catheter until its tip touches the highest area to be heated. This area is mostly the groin crease point. The provider of the laser treatment for varicose vein will then inject around your vein via several tiny needle pricks. Next, the laser will be ignited and pulled down the vein in a period of about five minutes. There will be a warning buzzer sound and then you will notice a burning smell.
The catheter and laser will then be removed and the injected area covered with a medical dressing. Some doctors in a top vein treatment centre in NYC might do foam sclerotherapy and have you wear compression stockings. There is usually no pain felt during EVLA and it will be over in twenty to thirty minutes per leg.
What your New York vein doctor will do after treating you
Immediately after your laser treatment for varicose vein is over, your doctor will release you to go home. If you have a car, they will advise you not to drive it. Instead, they will tell you to call your friend or relative and ask them to drive you home. After EVLA, your specialist at the leading vein treatment centre in NYC will give you compression stockings and ask you to wear them for up to two weeks. Concerning how to take a bath, he or she will direct you.
Going back to run your errands and work will not be a big deal. But when it comes to a hobby like swimming, you will not do it. There will be a tightening sensation along the length of the vein that has just been cured and a little pain in the injected area for about five days. The whole amount of discomfort is mild and manageable though. If taking anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen, you can alleviate pain and live normally. Pain killers will be provided at the vein treatment centre in NYC.
Types of lasers – Are they similar?
Almost all lasers used for EVLA are similar. There are newer lasers that are claimed to be more comfortable on the skin surface than traditional forms of lasers. They are said to cause less pain, although lasers are generally less invasive and tolerable. As there is no extensive clinical testing that have been done, no one knows how effective these new lasers will be in future.
Do people need further treatment?
After having an EVLA procedure done at your preferred Vein treatment centre in NYC, you might or might not endure another session again. Those who wish to improve the appearance of their veins or do EVLA for cosmetic reasons might need a further laser treatment for varicose vein. About eighty percent of this group goes for further treatment. This is simply because EVLA eliminates the symptoms but does not remove varicosities completely. The next sort of treatment picked for this group is either foam sclerotherapy or avulsions. Each can be done when EVLA is being offered or four to six weeks after its completion. People who don’t have serious varicosities can have all procedures done at once. However, those who have large and extensive varicose veins will have to go back to the vein treatment center in NYC for further treatment. Avulsions cannot be provided until you have been numbed with local anesthesia. Small cuts must be made on top of your veins and then stitched or left to heal without stitches to minimize scarring. If your laser treatment for varicose vein doctor at your treatment centre wants to eliminate the residue varicose veins better after doing EVLA, he or she will perform foam sclerotherapy.
People will hardly suffer from any severe complications after their EVLA procedure is over. All in all, one can expect these complications:
- Nerve damage – Nerves are known to lie alongside veins and this puts them in danger of being damaged by the laser heat or avulsions. There are a small percentage of people who notice tiny patches of deadness on their skin surface. This lack of sensation disappears after a few months.
- Deep vein thrombosis or DVT – This is a blood clot that affects deep veins in the leg. If this clot breaks away and gets deposited to the lungs, it can be life threatening. The good news is that your risk of suffering from DVT after your endovenous ablation therapy is extremely low. Cases have been reported though.
- Thrombophlebitis- This condition is not dangerous as it gets absorbed by your body in a matter of weeks. It entails blood clots that form in the varicose veins that feed from the vein treated EVLA. This happens after the vein becomes hard and painful due to its walls being heated.
- Burns – These can happen when a laser is placed over your skin surface, of course, but it is rarely reported.
Deciding if EVLA is good for you – Let your vein doctor in NYC help
As soon as your diagnosis is released, your vein specialist based at a good vein treatment centre will know exactly how to cure you. He or she might have one or more treatment options in mind, including EVLA. If he or she gives you simpler options such as advanced and painless sclerothepary or the minimally invasive RFA, don’t refuse. If your clinic has experienced specialists, each procedure will work out just great. A laser treatment for varicose vein is ideal if your veins are large and serious. There is no reason for you to fear if it’s picked as the ideal therapy for you. Wearing compression stockings is important if you have symptoms and can live with your varicose veins.
However, your varicose veins will keep on growing and making your life uncomfortable. It is advisable to remove them via the top laser treatment for varicose vein. Let surgery be the last resort because EVLA and related techniques are less invasive and easier to do. If you don’t like injections though, and have extensive varicose veins problem, you may be best choosing surgery.
You will be numbed via general anesthetic during pain though. Surgery is effective but hard to recover from than EVLA, foam sclerotherapy, and RFA. As seventy percent (approximately) of people are suitable for RFA (also called FRITT or VNUS), you should not fear it. RFA, EVLA and foam sclerotherapy are effective after at least two treatment sessions are over. Great results are seen on the eighth week and if more help is needed, it will be offered by the specialist who does laser treatment for varicose vein on you. The fact that you won’t have to wait long before doing your normal activities again is rather encouraging though.