Who is the Best Vein Doctor San Diego?
Are you looking for the best vein doctor San Diego California? Are you looking for a varicose vein treatment center that provides minimally invasive procedures? Well, you’ve come to the right place — in this article, we introduce you to the best vein specialists in San Diego CA.
The two best vein specialists in San Diego are Dr. Billy Schoenfield and Dr. Carly Guthrie.
Dr. Billy Schoenfield is a double board-certified Harvard-trained vein doctor with advanced experience in venous ultrasound and minimally invasive procedures such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal. He has treated thousands of patients successfully and continues to maintain a perfect track record. Dr. Schoenfield is dedicated to bringing some of the latest vein treatments — such as VenaSeal — into Southern California.
Dr. Carly Guthrie is one of the country’s finest double board-certified vein doctors who specialize in cardiovascular ultrasound and varicose vein treatment. She’s spent several years training and working at Harvard Medical School, where she’s treated some of the most severe cases of vein disease. Dr. Guthrie is also incredibly patient and compassionate and she believes in identifying varicose vein treatments that can reduce recovery time and are completely painless.
Dr. Billy Schoenfield and Dr. Carly Guthrie work as co-medical directors of VIP Medical Group’s Vein Treatment Clinic San Diego, CA. Located in 5330 Carroll Canyon Rd, our vein treatment center is right outside San Diego, within proximity to the Torrey Pines Beach State Park.
If you’re looking for the best minimally invasive procedures and vein care, please consult the best vein doctor San Diego CA today.
How do you Treat Veins in your Legs?
In the past, the only way to treat veins in your legs was through complicated surgical procedures that were ineffective and risky. Modern varicose vein treatments, however, are minimally invasive, non-surgical, and carry a negligible risk of side effects.
The best minimally invasive procedures for vein treatment are sclerotherapy, ambulatory phlebectomy, radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
However, all of these methods are suitable in different situations. To determine which vein treatment is suitable for you specifically, the vein doctor will have to run an imaging test called Doppler Ultrasound. This test will help the vein specialists visualize the blood flow in your veins, which will help them identify the root cause of your symptoms and vein problems.
The following is a brief overview of the best minimally invasive procedures for spider veins and varicose veins.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: This is a procedure in which the vein doctor uses heat or thermal energy to collapse the diseased saphenous vein and treat the underlying vein disease.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: This is a procedure in which the vein doctor channels laser energy through a catheter and laser fiber to disrupt the vein walls of the diseased saphenous vein and treat vein disease.
- VenaSeal: This is a procedure in which the vein doctor injects a medical adhesive into the saphenous vein to fuse its walls, effectively shutting it down and rerouting the accumulated blood to healthier veins.
- Sclerotherapy: During this procedure, the vein doctor injects a sclerosant solution into your spider veins to fuse their walls and make them gradually disappear. This is a cosmetic procedure that only treats the symptomatic spider veins — not the underlying vein disease.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: During this procedure, the vein doctor physically removes superficial varicose veins from the surface of your skin. This procedure is also cosmetic and only reduces the appearance of veins on your skin without treating the underlying vein disease.
Please schedule an appointment with the best vein treatment center in San Diego CA to discuss your options.