How Do I Find the Best Vein Clinic?
Chronic venous insufficiency is a serious circulatory disorder that affects approximately 30% of the population and 50% of all women. This is a condition in which your vein valves malfunction. As such, they can’t carry out their usual function of facilitating blood flow to the heart. This causes blood to flow back down and pool in the leg veins. Over time, as more blood pools in the veins, it applies pressure on the vein walls, which leads to vein dilation and the formation of spider veins and varicose veins on the surface of the skin.
Spider veins are the wispy red clusters of blood vessels visible under the surface of the skin. Varicose veins are larger swollen blood vessels that bulge out of the surface of the skin in the form of large trunk-like and twisted veins. Both of them occur because of vein disease and they lead to immense social anxiety and self-consciousness. In fact, people with vein diseases report that it drastically impacts their social and professional lives because they become unconfident and shy in social settings.
If you’re going through a similar problem caused by spider veins and varicose veins, you may be wondering “how do I find the best vein clinic?” In this article, we’ll give you an overview of all the qualities you need to consider when looking for the best spider and varicose vein centers.
Quality of Vein Doctors
The most important factor to consider is the quality of vein doctors at the chosen vein clinic. You should go through the vein clinic’s website and check out all of their doctor’s details.
A good vein doctor should have the following qualities:
- Board-certification in the field of vein treatment because it displays their level of experience and expertise.
- Graduation, post-graduation, or residencies from reputable institutions like Ivy League universities or Harvard Medical School.
- A strong track record with patients and no malpractice claims lodged against them at the local or federal level.
- A reputation for being compassionate and friendly in their treatments.
In recent years, there have been massive improvements made in vein care. A lot of new technologies have transformed the way we conduct vein treatments, drastically increasing the success rate of vein procedures, minimizing the risk of side effects, and also minimizing the pain and discomfort felt by the patient. As such, a good vein clinic must have state-of-the-art equipment such as ClariVein, VNUS, and ClosureFAST to assist in vein treatments.
Minimally Invasive Treatments
Even though vein surgeries were the historical means of treating vein disease, they are still used in various vein clinics — despite the fact that they have a lower success rate, cause more discomfort, require hospitalization, and are risky.
You should only go for vein clinics that solely focus on minimally invasive treatments such as radiofrequency ablation,endovenous laser ablation, venaseal, sclerotherapy, and ambulatory phlebectomy.
Minimally invasive treatments for vein diseases have the following advantages:
- Incredibly high success rate of over 97%.
- Minimal pain and discomfort felt.
- Negligible risk of complications and side effects.
- No hospitalization or recovery downtime.
- They conclude within an hour.
Diagnosis for Vein Diseases
In some cases, spider veins and superficial varicose veins are physically harmless because they’re not caused by underlying venous insufficiency. However, in most cases, spider veins and varicose veins are caused by chronic venous insufficiency.
It’s important for the vein treatment center to run a Doppler Ultrasound diagnostic test to determine the root cause of your vein diseases. If you’re only suffering from surface spider veins or superficial varicose veins, then the vein clinic may recommend sclerotherapy or ambulatory phlebectomy. However, if you’re suffering from venous insufficiency, then you’ll need radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, or venaseal.
The vein clinic can only determine what’s the right treatment for you if they’ve studied your symptoms carefully and run an imaging test.
Finally, in addition to being technically adept, the vein clinic should also offer comprehensive care. The vein clinic staff should be extremely friendly and should patiently answer all of your concerns. They should also handle all of the insurance coverage details for you so you don’t have to bother with the insurance providers yourself.
Necessity of Vein Treatments
Chronic venous insufficiency is an extremely dangerous condition and it can affect both your mental and physical health if you don’t seek timely vein treatment.
The following are some of the possible outcomes of vein disease.
- Social Anxiety: The presence of ugly spider veins and varicose veins on the surface of your skin can make you self-conscious and anxious in social situations.
- Profuse Bleeding: As your veins dilate and protrude out of the surface of your skin, they also become extremely sensitive and start bleeding even if you scratch them a little.
- Skin Diseases: Your skin develops red patches, gets discolored, and may also become scaly in texture.
- Leg Ulcers: Wounds on the surface of the skin don’t heal properly due to the lack of blood circulation, which leads to the formation of non-healing wounds.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis: The accumulated blood in your veins clots and hardens. These clots can then travel to your lungs and induce a potentially fatal condition known as pulmonary embolism.
Book an Appointment with the Best Vein Clinic
Vein Treatment Clinic, which works along with VIP Medical Group, is the best vein clinic in the US because they have some of the country’s best vein doctors, they specialize in minimally invasive vein treatments, and they have a flawless track record. For more information, book an appointment at the best vein clinic.