Qualities of the Best Varicose Vein Dr in Illinois
Do you have symptoms like leg cramping, restless legs syndrome, or the presence of varicose veins and spider veins? If so, you’re likely suffering from venous insufficiency or other vein conditions.
Vein disease is a chronic condition that only gets worse with time, which is why you need to seek treatment of vein disease immediately. However, finding the right vein clinic or vein specialists can be challenging.
Some vein doctors recommend vascular surgeries even though they’re now fairly obsolete because of the presence of far more effective and safer alternatives. And some vein specialists simply treat the surface symptoms without diagnosing the root cause — which can be fairly dangerous in the long run.
When looking for the best varicose vein dr in Illinois, you must consider the following qualities:
- Find a vein doctor who is board certified because it offers an objective guarantee of their skills and experience. Doctors have to accomplish several professional milestones to get board certified.
- The vein doctor should ideally be diplomat certified with formal recognition from the American Board of Venous Medicine.
- Check the vein doctor’s patient reviews — focus on vein doctors who are said to be extremely kind, patient, and have a strong track record.
- Look for vein doctors who specialize in vascular imaging and ultrasound because that’s crucial for the diagnosis and treatment of vein disease.
- As mentioned previously, you should completely avoid vein doctors who recommend surgeries. Instead, you should look for vein doctors who specialize in the latest minimally invasive treatments of vein disease such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
- Finally, the vein doctor should be affiliated with an extremely advanced state-of-the-art vein clinic that has all of the technologies necessary to provide minimally invasive treatments.
You can find the best varicose vein dr in Illinois in Vein Treatment Clinic IL, which is one of the most advanced vein clinics in the Windy City. Located in the Gold Coast in Chicago, our vein clinic is just off lake shore drive, close to the Chicago History Museum and Oak Street Beach.
How Much Does Varicose Vein Removal Cost?
The cost of varicose vein removal depends on several factors, including the specific treatment used and whether you have insurance coverage.
Varicose veins are large dilated blood vessels caused by an underlying circulatory disorder known as chronic venous insufficiency. This is a condition in which your vein valves collapse and blood accumulates in your leg veins, leading to the formation of protruding varicose veins.
The best vein specialists will recommend minimally invasive treatments of vein disease such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
Radiofrequency ablation is a minimally invasive procedure in which the vein doctor channels thermal energy via a catheter to destroy the diseased saphenous vein and restore blood circulation to the heart. The procedure costs between $1,500 to $3,000 but it’s covered by medical insurance because it’s a medically necessary procedure.
Endovenous laser ablation is a procedure in which the vein doctor channels laser energy into the diseased saphenous vein via a catheter and laser fiber. This also collapses the diseased saphenous vein and restores blood circulation to the heart. The procedure costs over $3,000 but parts of it can be covered by medical insurance.
VenaSeal is a minimally invasive procedure in which the vein doctor injects a medical adhesive into the diseased saphenous vein. The vein glue seals the vein walls to restore blood circulation to the heart. This is one of the latest treatments of vein disease and it has only recently been approved by the FDA. As such, it’s incredibly expensive and isn’t yet covered by insurance so you have to pay for it out of pocket.
To find out how much varicose vein removal will cost you specifically, please schedule an appointment with the best varicose vein dr in Illinois.