Who Is The Best Back Pain Doctor New Jersey? Advice From A Pain Specialist
Who Is The Best Back Pain Doctor in New Jersey?
Back pain is a common complaint that affects millions of Americans every year. It can dramatically affect an individual’s quality of life and can get progressively worse over time if left untreated. There are also many different medical conditions that may be causing your back pain, ranging from spinal disorders and herniated discs, to chronic back pain. It is extremely important that you understand what is causing your back pain and why you may be experiencing it. That’s why it is recommended to visit a Board Certified pain doctor.
Pain doctors are experts in the field of pain medicine and have a wealth of training, knowledge and experience in treating a range of pain conditions. Pain doctors are experienced in treating neck pain, back pain, leg pain and general joint pain.
Pain doctors avoid over-reliance on narcotics and opioids because they are not always the best option for health. It is no secret that the U.S. is currently facing an opioid epidemic, and long-term use of narcotics and NSAIDs can have negative health consequences. Similarly, pain doctors avoid unnecessary surgical procedures such as disc replacement surgery because they carry many risks. Some risks of unnecessary surgeries include: blood clots, wound infections, long recovery periods and allergic reactions to anesthesia.
Rather than relying on surgery, pain doctors draw upon their extensive experience in pain medicine to offer their patients conservative treatment options. These treatments advocate a holistic approach to healthcare whilst utilizing the latest techniques in regenerative medicine.
When you visit a pain doctor, you may receive a physical examination, answer questions about your medical history, and may undergo an imaging scan. Based on the outcomes from the assessment, your pain doctor will prescribe a conseravtive treatment option in conjunction with R.I.C.E (rest, ice, compression, elevation). They can also recommend the best physical therapist to assist in your recovery.
Dr. George Hanna
Dr. Hanna is a Double Board Certified pain specialist with an expertise in Interventional Pain Management and Pain Innovations and Technology. Dr. Hanna is particularly skilled in treating neck pain, back pain and general joint pain.
He achieved his undergraduate degree from Cornell University before completing his medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Once he completed his anesthesiology residency at Massachusetts General Hospital – Harvard Medical School, he achieved a pain management fellowship at Brigham and Women’s Hospital – Harvard Medical School. In addition to being heavily involved in the training of pain doctors at Harvard Medical School, he served as Chairman of Anesthesiology and Pain Management at Chilton Medical Center.
Dr. Laura Lombardi
Dr. Lombardi is a Double Board Certified pain doctor. Her specialism includes Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine.
Dr. Lombardi achieved her training at Yale University before completing her medical degree from Wayne State University School of Medicine. She then undertook her residency at Columbia State University – New York and achieved her Interventional Pain Medicine fellowship at Harvard University.
Dr. Lombardi is exceptionally experienced in providing advanced procedures and offers many minimally invasive fluoroscopic pain treatment injections. She is currently welcoming patients in New Jersey.
Dr. Shane Volney
Dr. Volney is a Double Board Certified pain doctor. His specialism includes Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine.
Dr. Volney boasts an exceptional academic background. He completed his anesthesiology residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Centre where he achieved the position of Chief Resident. Upon completion of his medical training, Dr Volney worked at Harvard Medical School where he spent 7 years instructing on Pain Medicine, Anesthesiology and Palliative Care. Dr Volney regularly speaks at national conferences and is still involved in training new doctors in pain medicine. He is passionate about maintaining high levels of patient care. He currently accepts patients in both New York and New Jersey.
Why Do I Have Back Pain?
Back pain can be caused by many different medical problems. It is important to understand what is causing your pain, and why you may be struggling with it. If left untreated, your back pain can get worse and/ or lead to further health complications. Let’s take a look at some of the most common causes of back pain:
- Herniated Discs – this occurs when the soft tissue between each bone along your spine pushes out. This can occur at one point along the spine or many different points. If the pushed out tissue compresses a spinal nerve, this can cause tingling, numbness and pain.
- Injury – lifting a heavy object, twisting suddenly or falling are all common ways to injure your back. This can cause muscles and nerves to become damaged.
- Spinal Stenosis – this is when the spinal canal (responsible for containing nerve roots and the spinal cord) becomes compressed. This can create a ‘pinching’ of nerves which causes pain and discomfort.
Fortunately, there are many successful conservative treatment options that can directly target your pain and get you back to full health. These procedures avoid risky surgeries and long-term pain medicines in order to maximize your health and get you back to your daily routine. Some examples include steroid injections and facet joint injections. These injections contain an anesthetic (and a corticosteroid) to directly target pain and provide immediate pain relief. They therefore enable you to feel the full benefit of pain relief without undergoing risky and unnecessary back surgery.
Why Should I Visit The VIP Medical Group?
It is important to know what is causing your back pain and why you may be struggling with it. A Board Certified pain doctor can draw upon their extensive expertise in pain medicine to assess your back pain and provide a comprehensive list of conservative treatments tailored to your needs.
Here are some of the top reasons to consider visiting the VIP Medical Group:
- Conservative Treatments – we believe in maximizing health through minimally invasive procedures. That’s why we have the latest techniques in regenerative medicine to diagnose and treat your back pain. Some examples include steroid injections, facet joint injections and lumbar radiofrequency ablation. These techniques avoid risky surgeries and long-term narcotics use. They boast fast recovery periods whilst providing immediate pain relief.
- Board Certified Pain Doctors – Board Certification shows that our pain doctors have completed rigorous residency training and are fellowship-trained. All of our doctors have achieved the highest possible levels of medical training.
- Friendly and Understanding Staff – we value the importance of establishing meaningful doctor-patient relationships.
- Ivy League Alumni – our pain doctors are all graduates of Ivy League medical schools. The rigorous academic background highlights that we have received intense medical training and keep up-to-date with the latest advancements in medicine.
- Center of Excellence – our state-of-the-art centers are Centers of Excellence and welcome patients from across the nation.