When To See A Doctor For Back Pain | Advice From Harvard Doctors
A large percent of people experience back pain at some point during their lives. Back pain can cause a lot of discomfort and can dramatically impact daily activity. Symptoms vary from person to person, and can last from days to weeks, months, and even years! It is very important to visit a pain doctor if you are suffering from back pain symptoms. If left untreated, symptoms can progress and create more complications. If you are worried, your symptoms persist/worsen, or you experience numbness or tingling sensations, it is important to seek medical care.
However, many pain doctors rely on unnecessary surgeries and anti-inflammatory narcotics to counter pain. This is not always the best option as there are many effective, non-surgical treatment options available. These treatments are minimally-invasive and maximally effective for health. We can help you by providing you with information about key warning signs, the best conservative treatment options, and information about the top pain management doctors to help you.
When To See A Doctor For Back Pain | The Warning Signs
If you suffer from chronic back pain, it is vital to see a specialized pain doctor as soon as you can. Symptoms can progress and make it more difficult to treat and create further complications. Let’s take a look at the top warning signs for back pain:
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- A swelling or deformity in your back
- Unexplained weight loss
- Pain that is accompanied by numbness or tingling sensations
- Pain that persists or gets worse
- Pain that impacts your daily activity
If you are experiencing any of the above warning signs, consider visiting a specialized pain doctor. A top pain doctor NY and NJ is an authority in pain management and treatment. They will provide an assessment of the area of pain and establish a treatment plan tailored to you. A specialized pain doctor uses the latest regenerative medicine procedures to alleviate pain without the risks of surgery and long-term narcotics.
Conservative Treatments For Back Pain
As we have seen, there are many reasons why it is important you seek medical care if suffering from back pain. However, there are many conservative treatment options that are highly effective and avoid the risks associated with surgery and long-term pain medication. Let’s take a look at some examples:
- Coolief Sinergy Sacroiliac Cooled RF – one of the most recent radiofrequency treatment options available. It is the latest cooling technology that targets the denervation of sacroiliac joints – the most common joints affected by chronic back pain.
- Lumbar Epidural – a pain doctor injects a corticosteroid (anti-inflammatory) and local anesthetic pain relief medicine to alleviate pain. It is commonly used for low back and leg pain.
- Lumbar Facet Injection – a pain doctor injects a local anesthetic into one or more of the joints that align the spinal vertebra in the lower back.
- Lumbar Radiofrequency Ablation – steroid-free procedure that uses heat energy to target the nerve area endings that are generating pain. It provides longer-term pain relief and can last between 6-8 months.
- Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression (MILD) – helps patients with Lumbar Spinal Stenosis (LSS). LSS is a condition where the spinal canal narrows and compresses onto the spinal cord, causing pain. Small pieces of bone and ligament are extracted via specialized tools through a small incision on your back. This creates more room for the spinal canal. It requires only local anesthetic.
- Sacroiliac Joint Injection (SI Injection) – a special X-ray will guide the pain doctor to administer a local anesthetic. If the anesthetic works, it confirms that the back pain is caused by a dysfunction in the sacroiliac joint. A corticosteroid medication can be injected to alleviate pain. This reduces inflammation and provides long-term pain relief.
These non-surgical treatment options are administered by specialized pain doctors who are Ivy League trained and Board Certified. The treatment options are highly successful, minimally-invasive and are carried out by the best pain doctors in the country. Before committing to surgery, consider visiting a specialized pain doctor NY and NJ. They can provide you with an assessment of the problem and tailor a treatment plan to suit your needs.
The Best Pain Management Doctors | Meet The Experts
Now you know when to see a doctor for back pain, let’s look at best pain doctors NYC and NJ to help you. The goal of a specialized pain doctor is to make you feel comfortable and get you back to full health without the risks associated with unnecessary surgery and narcotics. Before committing to surgery, consider having a consultation with our Harvard pain doctors NY and NJ. Let’s take a look at the team:
Dr Hanna is a double board certified pain doctor in New York. His areas of expertise include Pain Management and Anesthesiology. He received his training from the prestigious Harvard Medical School as well as Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr Hanna has a wealth of experience to treat pain conditions and symptoms and has delivered several lectures in addition to publishing many scientific articles in the field of pain management. As a top pain doctor NY, pain care and successful outcomes are of the highest priority. He is available for consultations and is currently welcoming patients to the Manhattan clinic.
Dr Khimani is a highly experienced pain doctor in New York. She is a triple board certified specialist and a leader in the field of Pain Management and Venous Medicine. She is from New York and graduated from Harvard Medical School with honors. Dr Khimani is regularly involved in medical education to teach the latest treatment options to other doctors from across the country. If you suffer from pain, Dr Khimani can combine her knowledge, skills and experience to tailor a treatment plan to you.
Dr Nguyen is a triple board certified and top rated pain doctor in New York and New Jersey. He studied at Harvard Medical School and is renowned around the world for offering the latest treatments and his high levels of expertise. He is an expert in Venous Medicine, Interventional Pain Management and Minimally Invasive Cosmetics. Many of the latest minimally invasive treatment options are a result of Dr Nguyen’s pioneering work! As a top pain doctor NY and NJ, his clinic is a Center of Excellence and welcomes doctors, patients and athletes from around the world. You can receive a consultation from Dr Nguyen from our New York and New Jersey pain treatment clinics.
Contact us today!
The pain treatment clinic has a team of Board Certified, Ivy League doctors who are leaders in pain management and treatment. Our highly-experienced medical professionals offer safer, minimally-invasive procedures that has a track record of successful outcomes.
We have locations in New Jersey and New York. Our website provides more information about what to expect when you visit and may answer any questions you have.
Alternatively, you can also find out more information from our group of physicians based at the Vein Treatment Clinic and Pain Treatment Specialists.