Meet Dr. Todd Kobrinski
Dr. Todd Kobrinski is widely considered the best vein specialist in New Jersey — his patients have unanimously given him 5-star ratings and reviews on Google, Facebook, and Real Self. That indicates he maintains exceptional standards of vein care and a perfect track record, with a negligible rate of vein disease recurrence or complications. Numerous factors allow him to maintain such a stellar track record — his educational background, his compassionate attitude, and his comprehensive vein care approach.
If you have spider veins, varicose veins, leg heaviness, restless leg syndrome, frequent leg cramps, or other signs and symptoms of chronic venous insufficiency, please book an appointment with Dr. Kobrinski today. He is the medical director of our state-of-the-art spider vein and varicose vein treatment centers in Clifton, Paramus, or Woodland Park in New Jersey. The following are the locations of our vein care centers in NJ:
- Vein Clinic in Clifton: 1117 US-46 Suite 205, Clifton, NJ
- Vein Clinic in Paramus: 140 NJ-17 #103, Paramus, NJ
- Vein Clinic in Woodland Park: 1167 McBride Ave Suite 2, Woodland Park, NJ
The following is a brief overview of Dr. Kobrinski’s educational background:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees: The George Washington University
- Medical Degree: Nova Southeastern University in Florida
- Post-Graduate Training: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York City
- Residency Training: Internal Medicine at Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Fellowship Training: Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology at Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Publications: American Journal of Cardiology and the American College of Cardiology Scientific Sessions
Now that you’re aware of Dr. Kobrinski’s exceptional training and credentials, it’s time to discuss his unique vein treatment process. Most vein doctors follow an oversimplified vein treatment process — they treat the visible spider veins without addressing or identifying the root cause, leading to a high rate of recurrence. Dr. Kobrinski always identifies and treats chronic venous insufficiency, the root cause of most vein problems, including spider veins and varicose veins. He believes treating spider veins without addressing the root cause is pointless because they’ll simply return after some time.
Below, we provide an overview of Dr. Kobrinski’s comprehensive vein treatment process.
Step 1: Initial Consultation
Your vein treatment starts with a comprehensive initial consultation with the vein doctor. The goal of the initial consultation is to understand your symptoms and expectations and determine the likelihood of chronic venous insufficiency. You can expect the following during your initial consultation with the best vein specialist in New Jersey:
- Physical Examination: The vein doctor will examine your legs carefully to study the spider veins and varicose veins. He’ll also look for other signs of vein disease, such as leg swelling and skin discoloration. This will help them understand the extent of vein disease.
- Medical History: The vein doctor will review your medical history and ask about your family history of vein disease. This will help them determine the likelihood of chronic venous insufficiency — a personal history of blood clots in veins or a family history of vein problems are common risk factors for venous insufficiency.
- Symptoms: The vein physician will ask about your symptoms — leg heaviness, frequent leg cramps, restless leg syndrome, and leg pain are common symptoms of vein disease, especially if they worsen at the end of the day or after long periods of sitting or standing still.
- Vascular Imaging: The vein doctor will perform an ultrasound scan to visualize the direction of blood flow in your leg veins. Ultrasound energy allows vein doctors to study your vascular health and conclude if you have chronic venous insufficiency. This helps them curate the ideal treatment plan, and it provides visual evidence to support your insurance claim.
Step 2: Treatment Planning
The vein doctor will curate a personalized vein treatment plan just for you. He will discuss all of your vein treatment options, including their advantages, disadvantages, risks, costs, insurance coverage potential, and other factors. This helps you make an educated decision about your vein treatment. Dr. Kobrinski recommends the ideal vein treatment plan based on these factors:
- Symptoms: Your vein treatment plan will depend on the location, size, and extent of the spider veins and varicose veins and whether you have other symptoms of vein disease.
- Diagnosis: Your vein treatment plan will depend on whether you have underlying chronic venous insufficiency. If not, you will need simple cosmetic treatments.
- Medical History: The vein doctor will examine your medical history and medication usage to identify the vein treatments least likely to cause harsh side effects or complications.
- Insurance Plan: Each vein treatment plan is eligible for different levels of insurance coverage. The vein doctor will help you identify the vein treatments that can minimize your out-of-pocket financial burden.
Step 3: Vein Treatment
The primary vein treatment is meant for patients with chronic venous insufficiency. At this stage, the vein doctor uses numerous techniques to collapse or seal the diseased saphenous vein responsible for your vein problems, thus restoring blood circulation to the heart. The following are the best minimally invasive vein treatments:
- Radiofrequency Ablation: The vein doctor channels thermal energy into the diseased saphenous vein via a catheter to make it collapse.
- Laser Ablation: The vein doctor channels laser energy into the diseased vein via a laser fiber to make it collapse.
- VenaSeal: The vein doctor injects a medical glue into the diseased saphenous vein to seal its walls shut, turning it into a hardened tissue metabolized by the body.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: The vein doctor makes small incisions on the skin’s surface to remove the superficial varicose veins.
- Sclerotherapy: The vein specialist injects a sclerosant medicine into the spider veins to harden their walls, making them shrink away.
Minimally invasive spider vein and varicose vein treatments conclude within an hour with no downtime. If you have the symptoms of vein disease, please book an appointment to explore your vein treatment options today.