Spider veins are clumps of red, blue, or purple lines that look like spider webs on your legs that are formed when blood pools inside a vein and branches out to form tiny blood vessels.
Varicose veins are caused in the same way, except they are more serious than spider veins. They are blue or purple in color and appear swollen and enlarged. Frequently, they can have a lumpy, bulging, or twisty appearance.
Spider and varicose veins can be symptoms of Chronic Venous Insufficiency. Chronic Venous Insufficiency is a serious condition which prevents enough blood from flowing back to the heart. Chronic Venous Insufficiency can lead to blood clots and ulcers if not taken care of early enough. It is extremely important to screen for possible Chronic Venous Insufficiency if you notice spider and varicose veins.
Signs and symptoms of spider and varicose veins
Other than their appearance, spider and varicose veins may occur with the following symptoms:
- Heaviness or aching in the legs
- Cramping of muscles in the legs, especially at night
- Worsening leg fatigue
- Swelling in the feet or ankles
- Irritation or itchiness in the affected areas
- Burning sensation over the affected areas
- Dry, itchy, and thin skin over the affected veins
If spider veins and varicose veins appear alongside these symptoms it could indicate Chronic Venous Insufficiency. Book an appointment now with the best vein doctors in the best vein clinic in Southern California.
Five Qualities the Best Vein Clinics Have
Every vein clinic in California will claim to be the best for you. But the only person who is affected by whether or not you make the right choice that meets your needs is you. When choosing a vein clinic, these are the five things that you need to look for to make sure that your choice is the best.
- Technology and treatment methods: Innovation and massive advances in medical technology have meant that vein treatment procedures have become less and less invasive over the last decade.Now, the best vein clinics can ensure that their doctors have the most advanced and state-of-the-art medical technology at their disposal to make sure that you get the best treatment afforded in the world. Look out for vein clinics that are equipped with technology and treatment methods that are at the very forefront of the medical world in terms of spider and varicose vein treatment.
- Qualified vein specialists: The credentials of the doctors on whose hands your health lies are extremely important. There is no point in having the very best state-of-the-art technology if the vein clinic does not also have experienced and qualified doctors. Make sure that the vein clinic has double-board certified doctors from top medical schools in the country. Check to see if they have the right experience and specialize in spider and varicose vein treatment.
- Empathy and patient care: Qualification alone is not what makes a doctor good; a doctor must also be able to listen to their patients and understand their patients’ needs. When looking for the right vein clinic for you, make sure that you will be received with kindness and empathy. You may not be a medical expert, but you are the expert of your body and your experience. A good doctor pays attention to your feelings and makes sure that you are comfortable and takes care that you are treated with respect and dignity.
- Well located: You don’t want to have to drive around for hours looking for your vein clinic. Where your vein clinic is located is also important when selecting the right vein clinic for you.
- Information and accessibility: You may have a thousand questions about spider and varicose veins, and about treatment methods that need to be considered. You also want to know about the vein clinic you may choose, the doctors who may treat you, the technology they may use, and whether you can get in touch with them easily. The best vein clinics will make sure that all of these information is easily accessible to you. They don’t want to keep you in the dark; they want you to fully be part of your treatment process.
Diagnosis and treatment
When you first visit our vein clinic, our highly trained vein doctors will perform a physical exam and ask you about any symptoms you may have. Our doctors may also perform an ultrasound to find out more about your condition. Depending on your specific needs, our doctors will then recommend and perform one of several highly innovative and minimally invasive spider and varicose vein treatment methods that work best for you. Because the procedures are all minimally invasive, you can be treated on an outpatient basis and can easily fit the treatment procedure in your schedule with little disruption to your daily life.
If you would like to know more about the best vein treatment options for you, book an appointment with the best vein doctors in the best vein clinic in Southern California.
Our team consists of highly specialized vein doctors at the top of their fields who are double board certified and have all been trained at Ivy League universities. Our Vein clinic offers world-class medical infrastructure and cutting-edge technology that help our doctors use the most advanced procedures to treat their patients. But most important of all, all our doctors value patients’ comfort and treat them with friendliness, patience, and kindness. Rest assured that our highly trained doctors will look after you with utmost expertise and with the very best tools at their disposal, and that your concerns and queries will always be heard.
Our vein clinic at San Diego is currently located near the Torrey Pine beach state park, close to the Westfield UTC Shopping Center. In San Jose, our vein clinic is located in a beautiful neighborhood near Palo Alto, Sunnydale, and Santa Clara. It is down the block from the Santa Clara Medical Center, and the Santana Row Shopping Mall. Our experienced Harvard-trained vein doctors can offer the best care possible to help you.