How to Find the Best Varicose Vein Dr in Manhattan?
When looking for varicose vein doctors in Manhattan, there are certain factors you must consider carefully. Varicose veins are dilated blood vessels caused by an underlying circulatory disorder known as chronic venous insufficiency. However, many vein doctors don’t diagnose the root cause of varicose veins and many others treat varicose veins using complex and risky surgical procedures when minimally invasive procedures are available.
The following are some of the primary factors to consider when looking for the best varicose vein dr in Manhattan:
- You should look for board certified doctors. If a doctor is board certified, it’s an indication that they’ve gone through several challenging residencies and fellowships, which indicates that they’re highly skilled and experienced.
- Look for top vein doctors who have graduated from some of the best medical schools. Find vein doctors who have graduated from Harvard or other Ivy League universities.
- Look for a diplomat certified vein doctor, someone who is formally recognized by the American Board of Venous Medicine.
- As mentioned previously, varicose veins occur because of underlying vein disease. As such, the vein doctor should run a Doppler Ultrasound test to identify the root cause before curating a treatment plan.
- The vein doctor should only recommend highly-effective minimally invasive procedures that cause minimal pain or discomfort.
- Finally, the vein doctor should have great reviews and they should be friendly and compassionate.
Two of the best vein doctors in Midtown Manhattan who meet all of the aforementioned requirements are Dr. Namrata Khimani and Dr. Juan Montoya. They are extremely skilled, patient, and friendly vein doctors who treat varicose veins and vein disease using the latest minimally invasive procedures like radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
Both of them can currently be found in Vein Treatment Clinic NYC, which is one of the most accessible vein clinics in the Big Apple. Our Midtown Manhattan vein clinic is a short walk from Grand Central Station and Penn Station, making it accessible to everyone in NYC.
Can Varicose Veins Burst?
Varicose veins are large dilated and protruding blood vessels full of accumulated blood. The root cause of varicose veins is a serious medical condition called chronic venous insufficiency in which your vein valves collapse and blood accumulated in your leg veins.
Since varicose veins are dilated blood vessels, they’re prone to bursting. Small bumps or scratches can burst varicose veins, which will result in excessive and unstoppable bleeding. When that happens, you need to apply pressure on the wound, elevate your legs, and have someone take you to the emergency room immediately.
In addition to profuse bleeding, varicose veins and vein disease also lead to the following complications:
- Swollen ankles and feet due to fluid buildup and edema.
- Skin discoloration due to the lack of blood circulation in your legs.
- Leg ulcers, i.e., non-healing wounds on your skin because the lack of blood circulation prevents wounds from healing.
- Skin disease in which your skin develops a rust-colored and leathery appearance due to the breakdown of blood cells.
- Deep vein thrombosis, a condition in which the accumulated blood in your veins clots. If left untreated, the blood clots may also break and travel to the lungs, leading to a potentially fatal condition called pulmonary embolism.
To avoid the aforementioned complications, you must find vein doctors who can treat the underlying disease saphenous vein using minimally invasive treatments.