How to Find the Best Varicose Vein Doctor in IL?
Are you looking for the best varicose vein doctor in IL? If so, you’re probably suffering from varicose veins, which is symptomatic of an underlying circulatory disorder known as chronic venous insufficiency.
Vein disease is a serious medical condition and you must seek vein disease treatment immediately. However, it’s crucial to find the right vein clinic and vein doctor. Some vein doctors merely treat the surface symptoms without addressing the underlying issue while some also recommend vascular surgery, which used to be the preferred treatments over a decade ago and is now considered dangerous and relatively ineffective.
When looking for the best vein clinic and vein doctor in the Windy City of Illinois, you need to consider the following factors:
- Look for a vein clinic with board certified doctors. In order to get board certified, doctors have to go through challenging residencies and fellowships, which helps distinguish them as some of the best doctors in the field.
- Modern minimally invasive vein treatments rely heavily on the use of vascular ultrasound, both to diagnose the root cause of varicose veins and to perform the procedure. Doppler ultrasound allows the vein doctor to visualize the blood flow in the underlying vein, which allows them to detect vein disease.
- Look for diplomat certified vein doctors who are formally recognized by the American Board of Venous Medicine.
- The vein doctor should specialize in the latest minimally invasive vein treatments such as sclerotherapy, radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal. If the vein doctor recommends vascular surgery, you should move on.
- To provide modern vein treatments, the vein doctor must also operate from a state-of-the-art vein clinic that’s equipped with the latest technologies such as VNUS, ClariVein, and ClosureFAST.
- Finally, the vein doctor must also have a strong track record with their patients and they should be patient and friendly.
VIP Medical Group’s Vein Treatment Clinic Illinois is one of the best vein clinics with some of the best vein doctors in the country. In addition to being extremely advanced, our vein clinic is also highly accessible and located close to Lincoln Park off lakeshore drive.
Is Varicose Veins Dangerous?
Many people falsely assume that varicose veins are merely a cosmetic issue when they’re extremely dangerous. Varicose veins are dilated blood vessels that protrude out of the surface of the skin because of an underlying circulatory disorder known as chronic venous insufficiency.
Venous Insufficiency is a condition in which your vein valves collapse. These valves generally act like one-way doors to facilitate blood circulation to the heart. When they collapse, gravity forces your blood to flow backward and pool in your leg veins. Over time, the accumulation of blood in your leg veins and lack of smooth blood circulation proves dangerous.
The following are some of the many reasons varicose veins are dangerous:
- Dilated blood vessels are prone to bursting, which would lead to profuse bleeding for which you’ll have to be taken to the emergency room.
- Fluid accumulation and edema lead to swollen ankles and feet.
- The lack of smooth blood circulation leads to skin discoloration.
- The breakdown of blood cells leads to a rust-colored patchy and leathery appearance of your skin.
- The lack of blood circulation prevents wounds from healing, which leads to the formation of non-healing wounds or leg ulcers.
- The accumulated blood in your veins may eventually clot, leading to deep vein thrombosis.
- If the blood clots break away, they may travel to your lungs, which can be potentially fatal.
As such, varicose veins are extremely dangerous and you must treat them with minimally invasive procedures like endovenous laser treatment, radiofrequency ablation, and VenaSeal.