The human body is an extremely complex system. This means that modern medical treatment has become more and more specialized. Doctors who specialize in vein-related conditions are called phlebologists. A phlebologist has a deeper understanding, knowledge, and experience with treating vein diseases such as spider veins and varicose veins. They may also have training in a variety of backgrounds such as dermatology, vascular surgery, hematology, or general medicine.
If you are looking for the right vein specialist for you, book an appointment with the best vein doctors in the best vein treatment center in California.
Why do I have varicose veins?
Varicose veins occur when valves within veins get damaged or weaken and stop working properly, causing blood to pool into the veins. This gives varicose veins their swollen and enlarged appearance. They can also be accompanied with other symptoms such as swollen feet and ankles, leg pain, dry and itchy skin over the veins, and muscle cramps.
Varicose veins are caused by a number of controllable and uncontrollable factors. Controllable factors include:
- Poor Diet
- Work or lifestyle involving prolonged standing
- Excessive drinking
- Lack of exercise
Uncontrollable factors include:
- Gender: Women are more likely to develop varicose veins.
- Genetics: Family history of varicose increases the likelihood of also getting them.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women are more likely to get varicose veins, especially if it is their second or third pregnancy.
What should I look for in a vein doctor?
Every vein treatment center in California will claim to have the best doctors for you. But the only person who is affected by whether or not you make the right choice that meets your needs is you. When choosing a vein doctor, these are the eight qualities that you need to look for to make sure that your choice is the best.
- The doctor will be board certified: Board certification is an extra step that some doctors take to prove that they have the required knowledge and specialization to practice a specific field of medicine. Doctors who are board certified would have had to go through additional examinations to prove their expertise. You will want to find a doctor who is board-certified, so you know for sure that your doctor has the right knowledge and skill set for your vein treatment. Some doctors may even go the extra mile to get double board certified, which means that they went through not only one, but two examinations for their specialization.
- The doctor will be specialized in vein treatment: When looking for doctors to treat your vein issues, you want a vein specialist who has built their career in treating vein diseases. Make sure that your doctor is familiar with the latest technology and treatment methods when it comes to vein treatment.
- The doctor was trained in a top medical school: The medical school that your doctor went to says a lot about how good their medical training was. One needs to be extremely intelligent and hard-working to even get into Ivy league universities or other top medical schools. These medical schools have the best teachers who are also doctors at the top of their fields and the best infrastructure, making sure that doctors who train in these schools are the cream of the crop. Check to see where your doctor was trained before you book an appointment.
- The doctor is experienced in vein treatment: Practice makes perfect. A doctor who has just finished their medical school and received their board-certification may not be as skilled as a doctor who has done all of that and gained experience as well. Look for a doctor who specifically has experience treating spider and varicose veins. The more experienced a doctor is, the more likely that they have seen all kinds of complications and handled them all.
- The doctor is familiar with the latest technology and treatment methods: Innovation and massive advances in medical technology have meant that vein treatment procedures have become less and less invasive over the last decade.The best vein doctors remain up to date with the most advanced and state-of-the-art medical technology and treatment methods to make sure that you get the best treatment afforded in the world.
- The doctor listens to you: Qualification alone is not what makes a doctor good; a doctor must also be able to listen to their patients and understand their patients’ needs. You may not be a medical doctor, but you know your body best. A good doctor will listen to you first and take your experience and feelings with your condition into account before going forward with the diagnosis and treatment.
- The doctor treats you with respect and dignity: When you have a medical procedure, you basically are vulnerable. Not only your health, but your dignity can also be in the doctor’s hands. A good doctor recognizes that every patient is a human being who deserves to be treated with respect and dignity. They pay attention to your feelings, make sure that you are comfortable, and take care that you are treated the right way.
- The doctor gives you all the information you need: Any medical procedure can be daunting. You may have a thousand questions about spider and varicose veins, and about treatment methods that need to be considered. A good doctor is patient with all your questions and makes sure that you are well-informed. They know that you have the right to understand exactly what is happening and what will happen next. They don’t want to keep you in the dark; they want you to fully be part of your treatment process.
Best vein specialists in California
The Vein treatment center boasts a team of highly experienced vein doctors who are at the top of their fields, double-board certified and have all been trained at Ivy League universities. With cutting edge technology and world class medical infrastructure at their disposal, these doctors use the most advanced procedures to treat their patients. To top it all, our doctors know to keep patients’ comfort ahead and treat them with friendliness, patience, and kindness.
Our vein treatment center at San Diego is currently located near the Torrey Pine beach state park, close to the Westfield UTC Shopping Center. In San Jose, our vein center is located in a beautiful neighborhood near Palo Alto, Sunnydale, and Santa Clara. It is down the block from the Santa Clara Medical Center, and the Santana Row Shopping Mall.