After years of normal wear and tear on your shoulder, shoulder pain is a common symptom of aging. Daily activities that were once effortless, like swinging a tennis racket, swimming, and reaching high shelves are now clearly problematic with an affected shoulder. There are many treatments for shoulder pain and shoulder problems, but which ones are the best for your long-term health and pain relief?
Top shoulder pain treatments in 2019 for rheumatoid arthritis, shoulder joints, and shoulder impingement do not involve painful surgery or dangerous narcotics to improve shoulder problems. The interventional pain doctors at VIP Medical Group utilize steroid injections, as well as top shoulder pain treatments in 2019, to reduce pain and swelling. Treatment for shoulder pain is guided by an expert consultation with VIP Medical Group’s board certified and Ivy League-educated doctors, who employ the top shoulder pain treatments in 2019.
What Are the Top Shoulder Pain Treatments in 2019?
You’ll notice right away that the top shoulder pain treatments of 2019 do not involve surgery or addictive narcotics. This is because the interventional pain doctors at VIP Medical Group believe that a holistic, balanced, and medically-sound approach is to avoid those two options. While shoulder pain is a common problem, shoulder surgery should not be a common solution. The pain doctors at VIP Medical Group address pain and swelling, limited mobility, and degenerative diseases like rheumatoid arthritis with a variety of pain management techniques including:
- Steroid Injections/Corticosteroids: The doctor will administer steroid-based cortisone injections in the shoulder bursa area, which is just above the tendon. Steroid injections reduce discomfort, alleviate shoulder irritation, and get rid of swelling. At the same time, steroid injections enable you to do strengthening exercises, which is an excellent physical therapy tool.
- Hyaluronic Acid Injection/Viscosupplementation: Hyaluronic acid is a key component of the shoulder joint fluid called synovial fluid. It gives the joint fluid its viscous, slippery quality which enables the bones’ cartilage-covered surfaces to glide against each other. This injection treatment reduces joint friction and adds cushion to protect joints during impact.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy: Also called PRP therapy, this method involves injecting patients with their own blood platelets and growth factors. The goal? Allow the body to utilize these platelets and growth factors to arouse stem cells, which initiates a natural healing process. This quick injection takes only a few minutes, and up to 75% of patients saw improvement in shoulder pain after only a few treatments.
Top shoulder pain treatments in 2019, utilized by the pain management doctors at VIP Medical Group, allow patients to receive targeted pain relief based on their specific symptoms of shoulder pain.
What Symptoms Accompany Shoulder Problems?
Your shoulder is a truly amazing body part that can move in a variety of different directions. After a consultation with the pain doctors at VIP Medical Group, you’ll find the top shoulder pain treatments in 2019 that work for your specific symptoms. In general, shoulder problems display the following symptoms:
- An abrupt tearing sensation that triggers pain, which tends to travel from the upper shoulder to the arm and elbow. It also reduces your joint’s range of motion.
- A lot of right shoulder pain (or left shoulder pain) and loss of muscle power, resulting in difficulty when trying to raise your arm.
- Bleeding and/or muscle spasms that may disappear in a couple of days.
- Pain that worsens during sleep.
- Gradual weakness and reduced shoulder motion
- Difficulty moving arms side-to-side.
When you search for “top shoulder pain treatments in 2019”, look for a team that listens to your concerns and does not brush aside your shoulder pain.
Other Than Wear and Tear, What is Causing My Shoulder Problems?
When you begin to search for “top shoulder pain treatments in 2019”, it’s useful to know what the potential causes of shoulder pain are. They may include:
- Shoulder Osteoarthritis: Oѕtеоаrthrіtіѕ, аlѕо known аѕ osteoarthritis, degenerative аrthrіtіѕ оr degenerative joint disease, is the mоѕt соmmоn tуре of аrthrіtіѕ and іѕ раrtісulаrlу seen among older people. Oѕtеоаrthrіtіѕ commonly аffесtѕ thе саrtіlаgе covering the еndѕ оf bоnеѕ whеrе thеу meet tо fоrm a joint. Hеаlthу cartilage lets bоnеѕ glіdе оvеr еасh оthеr and аbѕоrbѕ еnеrgу frоm thе ѕhосk of рhуѕісаl movement. People with oѕtеоаrthrіtіѕ suffer from stiffness and joint pains in various parts of the body, especially the elbow, knees, hips, shoulder, neck, lower back, wrist, and finger joints. Oѕtеоаrthrіtіѕ is a progressive disease and its symptoms worsen over time.
- Shoulder Bursitis/Shoulder Impingement Syndrome: Shoulder Bursitis, also known as Shoulder Impingement Syndrome, affects the shoulder bursa. Due to consistent movements of the shoulder or a mild injury, the bursa can get inflamed and painful. The bursa is padding located between the rotator cuff and the acromion bone. If the rotator cuff tendons get pinched in the thin gap below the acromion, the bursa and tendons can both become swollen and irritated. As a result, the muscles of the shoulder complex and rotator cuff may become weak and let the shoulder slide up in the socket.
Don’t wait until shoulder pain affects your daily activities to schedule an appointment with VIP Medical Group, a team of interventional pain doctors who can provide the top shoulder pain treatments in 2019. Even if your shoulder problems only involve pain and swelling on an affected shoulder, our team of top pain doctors can recommend the top shoulder pain treatments in 2019 that improve your quality of life.