The Best Pain Dr NYC – What Is A Pain Doctor?
Pain management doctors are experts in diagnosing and treating different types of pain. In particular, a pain doctor helps patients to avoid unnecessary surgery and treats pain using advanced techniques that surgery may not be able to remedy. The aim of a pain doctor is to alleviate pain and find an interventional method to treat pain without surgical solutions. By visiting the best pain dr NYC, you will be able to explore outstanding treatment options in a state of the art facility.
Pain doctors are leaders in the field of pain medicine and are experts in treating chronic pain as well as pain in the joints, spine, hips and muscles etc. They are trained to accurately assess and diagnose the source of the pain. This can be done via questioning, physical examinations and with the assistance of imaging (X-ray and ultrasound scans). Pain doctors then work with you to establish a treatment plan that suits your lifestyle requirements. Maximizing health benefits via minimally-invasive procedures is the main aim of pain doctors!
What Makes A Pain Doctor The Best In The Country?
Nowadays, many orthopedic surgeons can be quick to suggest surgical interventions and long-term drug use to alleviate pain. However, over-reliance on drugs is not always the best option for health. It is no secret that the U.S. is currently facing an opioid epidemic.
Pain doctors are experts in the field of pain medicine and have an array of minimally-invasive techniques that can target the cause of your pain. Some examples include steroid injections and platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections. They can also recommend the best physical therapist to facilitate successful rehabilitation. Before committing to surgery, consider visiting a Board Certified pain doctor NYC.
In summary, ensure that your pain doctor is:
- Board Certified – this ensures that your pain doctor has achieved the highest possible levels of training.
- Ivy League trained – our pain doctors are graduates of Ivy League Medical Schools. They keep up-to-date with the latest advancements in medicine to offer you the best treatments.
- Offering minimally-invasive treatments – our doctors help patients to avoid the risks of unnecessary surgery and long-term pain medication.
- Friendly and patient – physical and emotional comfort is at the heart of the VIP Medical Group. Our staff are incredibly friendly and spend time explaining every procedure and answering any questions you may have.
The Latest Pain Treatments Options At The VIP Medical Group
Now that we have discussed the benefits of choosing conservative treatment options, let’s take a look at some of the leading treatments available with the best pain dr NYC:
Treatments for back pain include:
- Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection – a pain doctor injects a corticosteroid (anti-inflammatory) and local anesthetic pain relief medicine to alleviate pain. It is commonly used for lower back and leg pain.
- Lumbar Facet Injection – a pain doctor injects a local anesthetic into one or more of the joints that align the spine in the lower back.
Treatments for knee pain include:
- Genicular Nerve Block – the doctor injects the knee with local anesthetic. This blocks nerves from transmitting pain and provides pain relief.
- Iovera – this is when an iovera machine (which is used for cold therapy) applies low or sub-zero temperatures to freeze the peripheral nerves. This produces instant pain relief without the need for pain medication.
- Steroid or cortisone injection – the doctor applies anesthetic spray to numb the area before injecting anti-inflammatory pain medicine.
- Viscosupplement knee injection – the doctor anesthetizes the area before injecting viscosupplement medicine. This is when lubricating fluid is injected into the knee joint.
Treatments for shoulder pain include:
- Cortisone injections – cortisone injections can be used to relieve pain and may even stop the irritation and swelling of the bursa. These injections should be coupled with regular exercises to facilitate rehabilitation.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy – this is when a pain doctor extracts growth factors from your own blood. These growth factors are then injected into the area of pain to stimulate the growth of new stem cells and tissues. This instigates the natural healing processes in the body and targets the root cause of pain.
These treatments are a few examples of the latest pain relief options available at our state-of-the-art medical center in New York, NY. Our Board Certified pain doctors can accurately diagnose and treat a range of pain conditions, including: neck, shoulder, back, hip and joint pain.
What Is Causing My Pain?
Signs and symptoms can overlap a variety of pain conditions. That’s why it is important to consider visiting a Board Certified pain doctor. Here are just a few examples of the main reasons people suffer from pain:
- Cervical radiculopathy ‘pinched nerve’
- Cervical spinal stenosis
- Cervical spondylosis/osteoarthritis
- Herniated disc
- Muscle strain
- Frozen shoulder
- Impingement syndrome
- Rotator cuff tear
- Rotator cuff conditions – bursitis and tendonitis
- Shoulder dislocation/instability
- Shoulder fracture
Low back pain:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal stenosis
- Skeletal irregularities
- Traumatic injury
Whether suffering from a bulging disc or sciatic nerve pain, visiting a pain doctor will enable an accurate diagnosis of the pain and subsequent treatment options. Pain doctors value the importance of listening to their patients, making them feel comfortable and alleviating any concerns they may have. They have access to the latest techniques in pain medicine and can tailor a treatment plan based on your needs.
At the VIP Medical Group, you will be treated by the best pain doctors NYC. With access to the latest conservative treatment options in our state of the art facility, you can be rest assured that you are receiving the highest levels of patient care.