What Is Arthritis? | A Pain Doctor Explains
If you’re looking for the best arthritis pain doctor New Jersey, then we can provide you with the latest advice from Ivy League pain doctors.
Arthritis is the term used to describe an inflammation of the joints. You might have heard of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis because these types of arthritis are extremely common. However, they mean two separate types of arthritic inflammation.
Osteoarthritis is the most common chronic kind of arthritis. It occurs when the cartilage between bones in the joint breaks down, causing bones to rub against one another without the slippery cartilage surface. This creates friction, inflammation and puffy, swollen joints. Painful, bony spurs can also occur on the joint bones which can contribute to pain. Osteoarthritis can become a long-term, chronic form of joint pain. It is estimated that 30 million men and women are affected by osteoarthritis in the United States.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a different type of arthritis. It is an autoimmune condition which means the immune system attacks itself, however, the trigger for this remains unknown. The parts of the body most commonly affected by rheumatoid arthritis include the hands, feet and wrists. Joint pain can come and go in waves, known as ‘flare ups’. At times, this pain may feel worse than on other occasions. It can be difficult to predict when a flare-up may occur, but there are treatments available to help ease the pain and inflammation of the joints and to minimize subsequent damage caused by the flare-ups.
If you’re battling through your days with joint pain caused by arthritis, then it is recommended that you book an appointment with a board certified pain management physician. These pain management physicians (also known as pain doctors) have access to a range of arthritis treatments that maximize health via minimally invasive techniques. Best of all, pain doctors combine the latest techniques in regenerative medicine with a holistic approach to health care so that you don’t have to undergo risky and unnecessary surgeries. If you’re struggling with arthritis and looking for the best arthritis pain doctor New Jersey, let’s take a look at some of the best treatments provided by top doctors at the VIP Medical Group.
What Are The Best Arthritis Treatment Options? | The VIP Medical Group
The best arthritis pain doctor in New Jersey encompasses our team of Ivy League pain doctors at the VIP Medical Group. The VIP Medical Group advocates using the latest techniques in regenerative medicine to get you back to full health in the safest and most effective way possible. Using minimally invasive techniques to maximize health is at the heart of the VIP Medical Group.
So, why should you consider conservative treatments that avoid surgery? At the VIP Medical Group, our team of Ivy League, board-certified pain doctors think that surgery is not always the right choice for health. Nowadays, many doctors are quick to suggest risky surgeries and long-term pain medicine to fix joint pain. However, surgery carries many risks, including:
- Blood clots
- Allergic reactions/ problems with anesthesia
- Wound infections
- Long-term use of NSAIDs, opioids and other narcotics
- Lengthy recovery periods
In addition to these risks, it is no secret that research is shedding light on the negative health consequences associated with taking pain medicine for long periods of time. The United States is in the midst of an opioid epidemic, with addiction rates soaring across the country.
Due to these risks, it is important to consider booking an appointment with a board certified pain doctor. Pain doctors have access to the best arthritis treatments that maximize health through minimally invasive procedures. These procedures boast positive patient outcomes and faster recovery periods. Let’s take a look at some examples of conservative treatments offered by the best arthritis pain doctor New Jersey:
- Hyaluronic Acid Injection/ Viscosupplementation – this is when a pain doctor injects hyaluronic acid into your joint to lubricate joint surfaces and reduce pain and inflammation caused by friction.
- Platelet-Rich-Plasma Injections – this is when a pain doctor extracts growth factors from your own blood and re-injects these growth factors into the painful joint. This promotes the growth of healthy, new cells in the affected joint.
The above injections are just some examples of the many conservative treatments on offer by the best arthritis pain doctor new jersey. If you’re wanting to explore your treatment options and establish a treatment plan that promotes health and reduces pain, consider booking an appointment with a board certified pain doctor at our New Jersey location.
Why Should I Visit A Pain Doctor?
It is important to book an appointment with a pain management physician. Pain doctors are leaders in the field of pain medicine and have access to the latest treatments that avoid risky and unnecessary surgeries. If you’re looking for the best arthritis pain doctor New Jersey, consider visiting the VIP Medical Group at our New Jersey location. Our state of the art clinic offers:
- Board Certified pain doctors – all of the pain doctors are the VIP Medical Group are graduates of prestigious Ivy League institutions and are also Board Certified. This means our pain doctors have undergone rigorous medical examinations in addition to gaining the highest levels of medical training. You can rest assured that you are receiving exceptional levels of patient care with leaders in the field of pain medicine.
- Conservative treatment options – the VIP Medical Group is a world-class team providing the best arthritis pain doctors in New Jersey. If you’re struggling with joint pain, the VIP Medical Group will provide you with the latest advancements in regenerative medicine to target and treat your pain without risky surgeries or long-term pain medicine.
- State of the art settings – our medical clinics are Centers of Excellence and welcome patients from around the world. Our clinics house the latest conservative treatments available for joint pain and other pain complaints.
- Friendly and welcoming staff – all members of the VIP Medical Group understand that you may be worried about why you are in pain and how best it can be treated. Our team understands your concerns and sees you beyond your symptoms to ensure you are being provided with exceptional patient-doctor relationships.
It is important you understand why you are in pain and how best it can be treated. That’s why we recommend booking an appointment with a board-certified pain doctor. Our New Jersey clinic houses the best team of pain doctors who will diagnose and treat your pain using the latest minimally invasive procedures.