Your Search for The Best Back Treatment Near Me is Over
If you have back pain, you know how it can affect everything from your mobility, to your mood and energy. Back pain commonly affects the lower back and neck, the parts of the spine most susceptible to degenerative disc disease. Degenerative disc disease refers to the breakdown of fibrous tissue between vertebrae. It is a natural part of aging, and just one cause of back pain
Often, back pain is a chronic problem. Whatever the cause, whether it be injury, illness, or aging, if your pain lasts or recurs for 3 – 6 months or longer, it qualifies as chronic pain. Whereas acute pain is a short-lived, beneficial pain that alerts us to possible injury, chronic pain is persistent and harmful. If your pain is severe or significantly affects your life, you can’t afford to delay treatment. Seeing a board certified pain doctor can help you obtain relief from back and neck pain.
Pain medicine doctors have specialized training in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of all kinds of pain conditions, including acute and chronic back pain. If you are looking for a premier pain management clinic, that accepts most health insurance plans, check out Pain Treatment Specialists . The pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists are Harvard-trained and board-certified with the American Board of Anesthesiology Pain Medicine. Pain Treatment Specialists are trained in the most advanced techniques and procedures to help you achieve relief from back pain, lower back pain, and neck pain. Pain Treatment Specialists clinics are located in New York City, and in Clifton, Paramus and Wayne, New Jersey.
Why Visit the Back Pain Doctors at VIP Medical Group in NY and NJ?
You may have seen your primary care physician to treat your back pain with pain medication, physical therapy, or other back pain remedies. But your pain still hasn’t gotten better. That’s where Pain Treatment Specialists come in. As the experts in pain medicine, pain specialists are uniquely equipped to deliver immediate, long-lasting results. Our team of skilled physicians includes Dr. George Hanna, Dr. Michael Nguyen, and Dr. Namrata Khimani. Each one of our doctors provides compassionate care, and cutting-edge pain medicine interventions. By scheduling an appointment with our specialists, you can begin to treat your back pain immediately, and avoid complications and permanent damage.
Upon arrival at one of our clinics, your pain doctor will meet you for your scheduled consultation. At this time, he or she will have the opportunity to talk with you about your overall health and your specific pain symptoms. After getting to know you and your pain better, your doctor will perform a physical examination with gentle and attentive bedside manner. He or she may even order some lab tests, nerve conduction studies, or imaging studies, such as an x-ray or MRI. With this information, your doctor will be able to diagnose your back pain. He or she will then begin working with you on designing a treatment plan to best meet your needs. A wide array of neck, back and lower back pain treatment options are available, including those outlined below that only a pain specialist can offer.
What Do Pain Doctors Do for Back Pain?
Back Pain Treatments
- Cervical and Lumbar Epidural: Pain physicians administer cervical or lumbаr еріdurаl, a combination of a corticosteroid injection and local anesthetic medication, to treat neck, low back, and leg pain.
- Cervical and Lumbar Facet Injection: Corticosteroid injections delivered by a pain doctor into the facet joints of the spine can reduce pain and swelling of your back and neck.
- SI Joint Injection: Corticosteroid injections are delivered by a pain doctor into the sacroiliac (SI) joint, which connects the sacrum and ilium bones of the pelvis to treat pain and swelling.
- MILD Procedure: MILD, or “Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression,” is a special procedure performed by pain physicians to treat lumbar spinal stenosis (LSS). LSS is narrowing of the spinal canal that compresses the spinal cord and nerves of the lower back. With a very small lumbar incision and imaging guidance, small pieces of bone and excess tissue are removed to decrease nerve compression.
- Lumbar Radiofrequency Ablation: When other treatments fail to provide lower back pain relief, pain doctors turn to radiofrequency ablation of the lumbar spinal nerves. This treatment involves lumbar spinal nerve block and removal using radiofrequency. It is performed at affected facet joints of the spine.
- Coolief SI Joint Cooled RF: When other treatments fail to treat chronic back pain due to sacroiliac joint dysfunction, pain doctors turn to radiofrequency ablation of the sacroiliac nerve. This treatment involves sacroiliac nerve block and removal using radiofrequency. The additional cooling technology of the procedure allows for a more effective treatment.
At the end of your visit, you will meet with a member of our billing department. She will help explain to you your treatment insurance coverage and benefits. Before any treatment is done, you will be given a detailed outline of how much you will owe (if anything). We will work directly with your insurance company to help you get treated as soon as possible. You can rest assured that there will be no surprise bills or hidden costs. Schedule an appointment with one of the best back pain medicine doctors in NY and NJ for management of your back pain today.