How to Find a Great Vein Doctor Houston?
Are you looking for minimally invasive vein treatments for varicose vein and spider vein? If so, you must be considering how to find a vein doctor Houston.
Well, there are quite a few factors you need to consider when looking for the best varicose vein doctor in Houston Texas.
- Educational Background: Look for a vein doctor in Houston Texas with a strong educational background from a reputable university.
- Diagnosis of Varicose Vein and Spider Vein: A good varicose vein specialist will take the time to run diagnostic tests like Doppler Ultrasound to diagnose the root cause of your varicose vein and spider vein. This is done to visualize the blood flow in your veins and determine if your symptoms are caused by underlying vein disease.
- Minimally Invasive Vein Treatments: Modern varicose vein treatments are minimally invasive and non-surgical. A good varicose vein doctor will avoid risky surgeries and recommend varicose vein treatments like radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
- Compassion: The best spider vein doctor will also be kind and compassionate during your consultation. They should take the time to listen to your concerns so they can curate a treatment plan that’s suitable for your specific needs.
- Location: Finally, look for avaricose vein center that’s highly accessible in terms of location.
Dr. Calvin Jung graduated in the 99th percentile from New York University’s School of Medicine. He has a perfect track record with his patients and he favors minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
Most importantly, Dr. Calvin Jung can be found in Vein Treatment Clinic Houston Texas, which is one of the most accessible Houston vein clinics. Located in the middle of Upper Houston and just a few minutes from Uptown Park, our Houston vein treatment center is also equipped with the latest state-of-the-art equipment necessary to provide minimally invasive treatments.
Is Sclerotherapy for Varicose Veins Painful?
Sclerotherapy is one of the best minimally invasive vein treatments for spider veins — if they’re not symptomatic of underlying vein disease. While sclerotherapy is a relatively comfortable and minimally invasive procedure, it may not necessarily be suitable for you.
Sclerotherapy is generally considered to be a cosmetic procedure. During the sclerotherapy treatment, the vein doctor injects a medicine called sclerosant into your spider veins. This medicine fuses your vein walls, thereby turning them into scar tissues. The accumulated blood reroutes to healthier veins and the hardened vein eventually gets absorbed by the body. The spider veins on the surface of your skin gradually fade within three weeks.
The entire procedure lasts less than 30 minutes, it causes no pain or discomfort, and there’s a negligible risk of side effects. As such, sclerotherapy is the best treatment for spider veins and it’s not painful at all.
However, while sclerotherapy isn’t painful, it’s still not a suitable treatment for varicose veins or spider veins caused by underlying vein disease. This is because your spider veins and varicose veins are generally symptomatic of underlying venous insufficiency. This is a condition in which your vein valves malfunction and blood accumulates in your leg veins, thereby leading to varicose veins and spider veins.
If you’re suffering from vein disease, the best minimally invasive vein treatments include radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal. These procedures treat the underlying vein disease, thereby addressing the root cause of varicose veins and spider veins rather than the surface symptoms.
Please consult a vein doctor in Houston TX to determine which minimally invasive vein treatment is suitable for your specific needs.