Q1. What’s the most reliable vein center in Texas?
The Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Center is widely recognized as the most reliable state-of-the-art vein center in Texas. You don’t have to take our word for it — the vein center receives unanimously flawless reviews from patients all over Houston and beyond. The vein center is located at 2024 Richmond Ave #300, a short drive from The Galleria shopping mall in Uptown Houston, TX.
Besides being incredibly accessible, the vein center has 5-star ratings and reviews, a perfect track record, and specializes in minimally invasive spider vein and varicose vein treatments performed by the leading experts in vein care. If you have the signs or symptoms of vein disease, such as spider veins and varicose veins, we encourage you to schedule a consultation at your nearest vein center in Texas today.
Q2. What do patients say about the spider vein and varicose vein center in Texas?
The Spider and Varicose Vein Center in Texas receives rave reviews from all patients on all online platforms, such as Google, Facebook, and RealSelf. The abundance of positive reviews indicates that they maintain the most exceptional standards of patient care and have a perfect track record. If their treatments failed or led to complications, it would have reflected poorly on their ratings.
One of their recent patients said:
“Dr. Jung is the right doctor for this! He is very attentive, extremely knowledgeable, and super cool. He talks to you like a friend! Also, the staff is very nice and makes sure you’re comfortable. I really like everyone there. They consult with your insurance and make sure the price is something you can work with. I am really lucky I found them. Also, minimal pain, so don’t be scared. :)”
Q3. Who is the leading vein doctor in Texas?
Dr. Calvin Jung, the director and clinical trainer at the Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Center, is the leading vein doctor in Texas. He’s a double-certified physician and nationally recognized expert in minimally invasive spider vein and varicose vein treatments. He has an exceptional educational background, having graduated with honors from the New York University Langone Medical Center. He also completed a prestigious residency at NYU, where he scored in the 99th percentile.
Dr. Jung is an incredibly talented vein doctor, but he also specializes in cosmetic surgery, complex head and neck procedures, and venous anastomosis reconstruction. This makes him uniquely qualified to address your cosmetic concerns, restoring your legs’ gorgeous appearance. Furthermore, Dr. Jung is widely known as an incredibly compassionate and friendly vein doctor. He discusses all your vein treatment options, explains every step involved in the process, and ensures a comfortable experience.
Q4. What can I expect from my appointment at the vein center in Texas?
- Step 1: Consultation: The vein doctor performs a thorough evaluation to understand your needs and concerns. He examines your leg veins, reviews your medical history, and discusses your symptoms. He may ask if you experience leg heaviness, leg pain, frequent leg cramps, throbbing leg veins, restless leg syndrome, or other such symptoms, especially at night or after long periods of sitting still. These symptoms indicate vein disease, the root cause of most vein problems.
- Step 2: Diagnosis: The vein doctor administers an ultrasound diagnostic test known as duplex ultrasound. This test uses sound waves to visualize the direction of blood flow in your leg veins. Backward blood circulation indicates vein disease, allowing the vein doctor to curate the ideal treatment plan for you.
- Step 3: Treatment Plan: The vein doctor curates the ideal vein treatment plan for your specific needs. He discusses all your vein treatment options and recommends the ideal treatments based on your specific symptoms, cosmetic goals, diagnostic results, and insurance coverage options.
- Step 4: Primary Treatment: If you have underlying chronic venous insufficiency, the vein doctor uses minimally invasive procedures to destroy the diseased vein responsible for your troubles. The vein doctor uses various techniques, such as laser energy, thermal energy, mechanical damage, or medical-grade adhesives, to destroy the diseased vein.
- Step 5: Cosmetic Treatment: If you don’t have underlying vein disease or after the primary vein treatment, the vein doctor uses various techniques to address your spider veins and varicose veins. Sclerotherapy is widely considered the best spider vein treatment — it involves injecting a sclerosant medication into the spider veins to make them shrink and fade away.
Q5. Will I get insurance coverage for my vein treatment?
You receive insurance coverage for vein treatments if the treatment is deemed medically necessary, i.e., if you have underlying chronic venous insufficiency. Minimally invasive procedures like endovenous radiofrequency and laser ablation are generally eligible for insurance coverage, but sclerotherapy may be eligible if you have underlying vein disease. The spider vein and varicose vein center in Texas provides free insurance verification.
Q6. What are the side effects of vein treatments?
Minimally invasive vein treatments are completely safe with nearly perfect success rates and negligible risk of complications. After the procedure, you may experience mild redness, discomfort, swelling, and irritation around the treatment sites, and there’s a rare risk of discoloration. But you don’t have to worry about severe side effects or long-lasting complications.
Q8. When can I resume my daily activities after the vein treatment?
You can resume your daily activities immediately after your vein treatment — minimally invasive procedures don’t involve downtime. Most patients seek vein treatments during their lunch break and then resume their daily activities immediately. However, you should avoid heavy lifting for a few days, and you must wear compression stockings for a few weeks. Other than that, there are no major activity limitations.