#1. Located at 2024 Richmond Ave, Uptown Houston.
The Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Center is one of the most accessible vein centers for patients living in and around River Oaks. It’s located at 2024 Richmond Ave #300, Uptown Houston, less than 5 minutes from River Oaks via San Felipe St, Kirby Dr, and Alabama St, and a short drive from The Galleria shopping mall. As such, if you’re in River Oaks, Houston, or other neighboring regions, you should request an appointment at the vein center today.
#2. Perfect reviews and ratings from patients.
The Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Center has 5-star ratings and reviews from all patients across all online platforms, including Google, RealSelf, and Facebook. Their unanimously perfect reviews indicate a perfect track record and stellar standards of vein care.
The following is one of their recent reviews:
“Dr. Jung is absolutely amazing! Great bedside manner. His staff is remarkable from the front desk all the way to the procedure room. I will definitely choose Dr. Jung over all of Houston. I researched for a long time before trusting myself to a plastic surgeon. My fears were put to rest at the consult and also on his YouTube video. Great job, guys! Highly recommended! My legs feel and look better than they have in 10 years. Thank you.”
#3. Led by an incredibly friendly vein doctor.
The Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Center is led by an incredibly friendly and compassionate vein doctor — Dr. Calvin Jung.
- He’s the director and clinical trainer at the Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Center, TX.
- He’s a nationally recognized vein expert specializing in vein treatments and cosmetic procedures.
- He specializes in vascular imaging and the latest minimally invasive vein treatments for spider veins, varicose veins, and the underlying chronic venous insufficiency.
- He graduated with Honors from the New York University Langone Medical Center.
- He completed his surgical residency at New York University, scoring consistently in the 99th percentile (he was always in the top 1% in his program.)
- He completed a prestigious fellowship on functional and cosmetic vein treatments.
#4. Equipped with cutting-edge technologies.
The Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Center is a state-of-the-art vein center near River Oaks, equipped with the latest and most effective technologies. It’s equipped with the latest devices, such as ClariVein, ClosureFAST, VNUS, and others. Furthermore, as an accredited vein center, you can rest assured that it meets the highest standards of safety and vein care quality. The presence of advanced technologies indicates that the vein center stays at the forefront of vein care innovations.
#5. Specializes in minimally invasive vein treatments.
The Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Center only provides minimally invasive vein treatments, including:
- Endovenous Radiofrequency Ablation: The vein doctor makes a small incision on the skin’s surface to insert a catheter into the diseased saphenous vein. When activated, the catheter delivers thermal energy to destroy the diseased vein, rerouting the accumulated blood into healthier leg veins. This procedure treats the underlying chronic venous insufficiency.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: The vein doctor makes a small incision on the skin’s surface to insert a laser fiber into the diseased saphenous vein. When activated, the laser fiber delivers laser energy to destroy the problematic vein, rerouting the accumulated blood into healthier leg veins. This procedure treats the underlying chronic venous insufficiency.
- VenaSeal: The vein doctor injects a medical-grade vein glue into the problematic vein to seal its vein walls shut. The diseased vein turns into a hardened scar, eventually reabsorbed by the body. The accumulated blood reroutes to healthier leg veins, restoring effective blood circulation. This procedure treats the underlying chronic venous insufficiency.
- ClariVein: The vein doctor makes a small incision and inserts a specialized catheter into the diseased saphenous vein. The specialized catheter has a rotating tip that damages the diseased vein’s walls while simultaneously delivering a sclerosant solution. The mechanical and chemical damage destroy the diseased vein, rerouting the accumulated blood into healthier leg veins. This procedure treats the underlying chronic venous insufficiency, especially the tortuous and twisted veins.
- Sclerotherapy: The vein doctor injects a medicine called a sclerosant into the spider veins. The sclerosant medication irritates the spider veins’ walls, making them shrink and eventually absorbed by the body. The spider veins soon fade away from the skin’s surface. This procedure treats spider veins.
- Foam Sclerotherapy: The vein doctor injects a foamy solution of the sclerosant solution into varicose veins. The sclerosant medication makes the varicose veins shrink and dissolve. This procedure treats varicose veins and reticular veins, i.e., veins larger than spider veins and smaller than varicose veins.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: The vein doctor physically removes the superficial varicose veins through small incisions on the skin’s surface. The incision scars gradually heal and fade away. This procedure treats superficial varicose veins.
#6. Ensures long-lasting outcomes.
The Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Center ensures long-lasting results by diagnosing and treating the root cause of spider veins and varicose veins. Most vein problems are caused by underlying chronic venous insufficiency, a medical condition wherein malfunctioning vein valves make blood accumulate in the leg veins. Treating spider veins without treating the underlying vein disease is pointless — the spider veins will eventually return. That’s why the vein doctor always runs advanced vascular imaging tests to determine if you have underlying vein disease and curate a treatment plan accordingly, ensuring long-lasting results.
#7. Transparent with billing and insurance coverage.
The Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Center provides a detailed overview of your vein treatment costs before the procedure. This allows you to proceed with the treatment with a clear mind — you know exactly what you have to pay ahead of time. Furthermore, the vein center also provides free insurance verification and helps you maximize your coverage.