How to Find the Best Varicose Vein Dr Texas?
Are you looking for the best varicose vein dr Texas? Let’s briefly discuss what varicose veins are and why you need varicose vein treatment.
Varicose veins are large dilated blood vessels that protrude out of the surface of your skin in a twisted and knotted form. The root cause of varicose veins is a circulatory disorder known as chronic venous insufficiency in which your vein valves malfunction, which leads to venous reflux, i.e., blood flows backward and accumulates in your leg veins. Over time, the accumulation of blood in your veins leads to the formation of spider veins and varicose veins.
Varicose vein treatments are necessary because vein disease is a chronic condition and only gets worse with time. If you don’t treat it promptly, varicose veins will eventually lead to bleeding, skin disease, leg ulcers, skin discoloration, and a dangerous condition called deep vein thrombosis.
It’s important to find the a good vein clinic and vein doctor who offers minimally invasive varicose vein treatments. A great option for a varicose vein specialist in Texas is Dr. Calvin Jung, who presides as the medical director of VIP Medical Group’s Vein Treatment Clinic Houston TX clinic.
Dr. Jung has a reputation for complete patient satisfaction and patients fly from across the country to see him for cosmetic procedures. You can find him in our vein clinic in 2024 Richmond Ave, just a few minutes from The Galleria. Located in the center of Upper Houston, ours is one of the most accessible vein clinics in all of Houston TX and we have the latest state-of-the-art infrastructure and technologies to ensure you get the best minimally invasive treatment possible.
Is Varicose Vein Treatment Dangerous?
Whether varicose vein treatment is dangerous depends on the type of vein treatment and the vein doctor. In the past, varicose vein treatments involved complex surgical procedures like vein ligation and venous bypass surgery. These procedures had a relatively low success rate and they had a high risk of complications like infections and deep vein thrombosis.
However, modern varicose vein treatments are minimally invasive, non-surgical, safe, and they conclude within an hour with no downtime. The following is a brief description of some of the best varicose vein treatments available:
- Radiofrequency Ablation: During this vein treatment, the vein doctor channels thermal energy into the diseased saphenous vein to disrupt its vein walls and reroute blood circulation to the heart.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: This is a varicose vein treatment in which the vein doctor uses laser energy to collapse the diseased vein and reroute the accumulated blood to healthier veins.
- VenaSeal: One of the latest varicose vein treatments, this is a procedure in which the vein doctor injects a medical adhesive into your saphenous vein to fuse its walls and turn it into a scar tissue that eventually gets absorbed by the body.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: This is a varicose vein treatment in which the vein doctor physically has the superficial varicose veins removed through incisions on the surface of your skin. This is a cosmetic procedure that only removes the surface veins after the primary vein treatment concludes.
- Sclerotherapy: This is a spider vein treatment in which the vein doctor uses a medicine to fuse the vein walls to effectively turn them into scar tissues that get absorbed by the body. This is a cosmetic vein treatment that improves the appearance of your legs but doesn’t treat the underlying vein disease.
All of the aforementioned varicose vein treatments are minimally invasive, cause little to no pain or discomfort, and they carry a negligible risk of side effects. These procedures have high rates of patient satisfaction — in most cases, you may feel a slight irritation, bruising, or stiffness.