What Are The Newest Leg Vein Treatment Options?
Are you currently suffering from large bulging leg veins? If so, you must be wondering what are the newest leg vein treatment options out there. Leg veins — both spider veins and varicose veins — usually occur because of an underlying vein disease called chronic venous insufficiency. This is a dangerous disease in which the valves in the veins malfunction, which leads to restricted blood circulation, which causes blood to pool in the leg veins. If left untreated, vein disease can lead to terrible complications like profuse bleeding, leg ulcers, and deep vein thrombosis.
Long ago, the only way to treat leg veins was through complex surgical procedures. However, in recent years, thanks to medical and technological advanced, leg veins can be cured with minimally invasive varicose vein treatments like radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser treatment, venaseal, and sclerotherapy. In this article, we give you a detailed overview of what are the newest leg vein treatment options and where to find the best vein medical clinic for the same.
Radiofrequency ablation is one of the best varicose vein treatments available. During this minimally invasive procedure, the vein doctor inserts a catheter into the affected saphenous vein under ultrasound guidance. After inserting the catheter, the doctor activates the catheter to generate immense heat energy to irritate the vein wall linings. The heat eventually collapses the vein, which allows the accumulated blood to reroute to healthier veins. Over time, the diseased vein hardens and is reabsorbed into the body.
Endovenous Laser Treatment
Endovenous laser treatment is similar to radiofrequency ablation, but it uses laser energy instead of heat energy to damage the vein walls. The doctor passes laser energy through the catheter to damage the saphenous vein walls. The laser energy collapses the vein, which restores effective blood flow and treats the underlying vein disease. This procedure, however, causes more discomfort than radiofrequency ablation because it involves the use of several anesthetic injections along the length of the affected vein.
VenaSeal is one of the latest and simplest leg vein treatment options available. VenaSeal is basically a medical adhesive that fuses the walls of the diseased vein together, thereby directing the accumulated blood to healthier veins and restoring effective blood flow. As with the other treatments, the diseased vein eventually hardens and gets reabsorbed into the body.
Sclerotherapy: Minimally Invasive Treatment to Relieve Symptoms of Spider Veins
The aforementioned varicose vein treatments treat the underlying vein disease, thereby treating the very source of spider veins and varicose veins. However, it’s possible that you may still have surface spider veins after the treatment. These veins aren’t dangerous, but they still look pretty bad and cause immense self-consciousness and social anxiety. That’s where sclerotherapy comes in.
Sclerotherapy is often used in combination with the previously mentioned varicose vein treatments to get rid of the surface veins. During this procedure, a medicine called sclerosant is injected into the surface veins. The medicine fuses the walls of these veins together. Over time, the veins gradually disappear. A single sclerotherapy session can reduce the appearance of spider veins by up to 80% and all of your spider veins generally disappear within three weeks.
Advantages of Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Treatments
As previously mentioned, surgery has historically been the favored treatment for varicose veins. But surgery is incredibly ineffective and has a high risk of side effects and complications like deep vein thrombosis. Minimally invasive varicose vein treatments have the following benefits:
- Minimally Invasive and Non Surgical: These treatments are minimally invasive and only involve a single injection or anesthetic application. Furthermore, they cause minimal pain or discomfort both during and after treatment because of the use of numbing gel.
- Completely Safe: Minimally invasive treatments are completely safe and only carry a negligible risk of side effects. At most you will experience some slight soreness and tenderness of skin. Serious complications like infections and deep vein thrombosis are extremely rare. Furthermore, these side effects can be negated altogether if you visit a reputable vein treatment center.
- Highly Successful: Treatments like radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser treatment, venaseal, and sclerotherapy have a success rate of around 97%. That’s a lot higher than traditional surgeries that have a success rate of only 85%.
- Outpatient Treatments: One of the best aspects of these minimally invasive treatments is that they’re in-office outpatient procedures. They’re conducted by the doctor in the office, the session concludes within an hour, and there’s no recovery downtime so you can resume your daily activities immediately after the treatment. This ensures that you don’t have to take time off work or disrupt your daily schedule.
- Permanent Solutions: These minimally invasive treatments cure the underlying disease and not just the symptoms. This ensures that your spider veins and varicose veins don’t return after the treatment.
Consult a Reputable Medical Center for Leg Veins Treatment
When looking for leg vein treatments, it’s important to find a medical clinic that gives you access to the newest leg vein treatment options. At VIP Medical Group, we have expert vein doctors who specialize in minimally invasive varicose vein treatments like radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser treatment, venaseal, and sclerotherapy. Our vein doctors carefully study your symptoms, examine your medical history, and then curate a treatment plan specific to your needs. If you have leg veins, then schedule an appointment with the best vein treatment center in New York right now.