Your Search for The Best Orthopedic Surgeon in Hackensack, NJ is Over
Whether you were referred by a pain specialist, or have serendipitously stumbled upon this page, welcome! You are in the right place. Sometimes, non-surgical pain management is not enough to adequately treat pain. When surgery is required, it’s important that you are cared for by the very best. Dr. Yair Kissin is the orthopedic surgeon for the job.
Dr. Kissin is a Board Certified Sports Medicine and Joint Reconstruction Specialist. He is affiliated with The Orthopedic Institute at Hackensack University Medical Center in New Jersey. The NJ Orthopedic Institute is the recipient of the Health Grades Award in Joint Replacement Surgery. Dr. Kissin specializes in a variety of orthopedic surgeries, including minimally invasive surgeries such as arthroscopic surgery, total joint replacement, sports medicine, and trauma/fracture surgery. He operates on neck, shoulder, elbow, low back, knee, hip, foot and ankle joints.
Dr. Kissin is specially trained in advanced surgeries of the knee, the most commonly injured joint of the body. He is proud to be one of the few orthopedic surgeons in the country that offers robotic-assisted knee replacement. Dr. Kissin treats patients of all ages, with a wide range of acute injuries and chronic degenerative conditions. Some such chronic conditions include arthritis, osteoporosis, deformity and disability.
Why Visit Orthopedic Surgeon, Doctor Yair Kissin, in Hackensack, NJ?
You’ve worked with the pain specialists and tried it all — pain medication, anti-inflammatory medication, physical therapy, injections, cryotherapy, nerve block and ablation. If you have back pain, maybe you’ve even tried minimally invasive spinal decompression surgery. But your joint pain still hasn’t gotten better. Your pain medicine doctor recommends surgery. And that’s where Dr. Kissin comes in.
To help determine what type of orthopedic surgery is right for you, Dr. Kissin will begin by taking your full medical history. He’ll have the chance to ask you questions about all the details of your joint pain, as well as about your general health. After getting to know you and your pain better, Dr. Kissin will perform a physical exam, with gentle and attentive bedside manner. Dr. Kissin will observe the symmetry, range of motion, strength, and stability of your injured joint. He may even order some lab tests or imaging studies, such as an x-ray or MRI.
At every opportunity, Dr. Kissin will make sure you feel informed, understood, and included in designing your treatment plan for an active, pain-free life. He is fluent in English, Russian, and Hebrew. He prides himself on keeping an open line of communication with his patients, that does not end when you leave the office. You will be given resources such as handouts, diagrams, etc, to help understand your condition. You will also be given Dr. Kissin’s personal contact information, in case any questions should arise between visits.
Dr. Kissin offers a wide variety of state-of-the-art orthopedic surgeries, prioritizing minimally invasive surgeries to reduce pain and speed recovery whenever possible. Some of his most commonly performed joint surgeries include:
Neck & Low Back
- Minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS):
- Spinal fusions: fusion of the vertebrae, small bones that make up your spine
- Discectomy and artificial disc replacement: removal and replacement of the fibrous tissue that holds vertebrae together
- Arthroscopy: visualization, repair, and/or removal of the fibrous tissues, fluid-filled sacs, and bones that make up the shoulder joint
- Replacement: of part or all of the shoulder joint
- Stabilization: reattaching torn or loose fibrous tissues that connect the bones of the shoulder joint
- Repair: of the fibrous tissues that connect the bones of the elbow joint
- Replacement: of part or all of the elbow joint
- Arthroscopy: visualization, repair, and/or removal of the fibrous tissues, fluid-filled sacs, and bones that make up the hip joint
- Replacement: of part or all of the hip joint
- Arthroscopy: visualization, repair, and/or removal of the fibrous tissues, fluid-filled sacs, and bones that make up the knee joint
- Repair and/or reconstruction: of the fibrous tissues that connect the knee joint
- Resurfacing and replacement: of part or all of the knee joint. Resurfacing is an advanced, multi-faceted procedure. It can even restore fibrous tissue within the joint, delaying or preventing the onset of arthritis.
- Robotic knee replacement: groundbreaking, robotic-assisted knee replacement is one of Dr. Kissin’s specialties. He successfully completed New Jersey’s first robotic total knee replacement for the treatment of severe osteoarthritis in February 2018. Hackensack University Medical Center orthopedics is one of four centers in the country that offers this surgery. If clinically indicated, robotic partial knee replacement can allow for an even faster recovery time and higher level of functioning.
Foot & Ankle
- Replacement: of part or all of the ankle joint
Dr. Kissin currently accepts new patients, as well as all major medical insurances. Before any treatment is done, you will be given a detailed outline of how much you will owe (if anything). Dr. Kissin will work directly with your insurance company to help you get treated as soon as possible. You can rest assured there will be no surprise bills or hidden costs.
Located at 360 Essex St Ste 303, Dr. Kissin’s office is open Monday – Friday, from 8 am – 4 pm. To schedule an appointment, please call (551) 996 – 8867. One of our team members will reach out to you right away to answer any questions you may have regarding pain management, orthopedic surgery, or insurance coverage. Schedule an appointment with one of the best orthopedic doctors in NJ today!